addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Just Food City Chicken Meetup NYC Message Board Chicken Classifieds › Barred Rock Rooster needs a home...(Picture on my profile)

Barred Rock Rooster needs a home...(Picture on my profile)

Paul G.
user 13352961
East Elmhurst, NY
Post #: 1
I will post a pic as soon as I can but I have a rooster that I fell in love with, Late August this yr. I was coming home one day from work and I found a chicken walking Astoria Blvd. some cat was stalking it so I scared the it away and rescued Boo (I named him that). I took him to the vet and the Dr. said he was a pullet and I nice looking one so I figured I will keep it and start a little flock with the insight from Robert from this website aka Bucky Buckaw.
Boo is in good health now, when I took her to the vet in Sept. her foot was a bit swollen and warm, Dr. confirmed that there was no infection or bumblefoot, it was just an bump caused by a fall or tweaked foot.
After talking care of her foot for a couple of weeks Boo is back to normal and full of energy.
He is friendly and docile and even lets me pick him up but not for long, I keep him indoors at night and let him out in my yard for a certain amount of time but he would not stay out too long especially if I or my wife was not out with him.
I got him on a healthy diet (vegtables, fruits and mealworms) chicken feed and some oyster shells for calcium.
He started crowing about 2 weeks ago and this was a heart beaker crying because I have become attached to him, the last thing I wan't is leaving him to someone who will end up slaughtering it, he should have his own flock and live a long happy life.

Please if you or anyone you know is looking for a rooster they will have a winner with Boo.
Paul G.
user 13352961
East Elmhurst, NY
Post #: 2
UPDATE!!!

Boo has been adopted, many thanks to Rita at the Wild Bird Fund and Zeze flower shop in NYC, also thank you to Robert aka Bucky Buckaw for helping me out with Boo.

Boo is living at a nice barn upstate NY and has many hens to flock over.

Have a great long life Boo laughing!

We are missing you very much but happy for you...