addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Just Food City Chicken Meetup NYC Message Board Finding Feed › Staten Island organic feed available

Staten Island organic feed available

A former member
Post #: 28
Hi:

Crazy Goat Feeds, 2355 Arthur Kill Rd., Staten Island, NY 10309, 718-356-0220, has one bag of organic chicken feed available this week, maybe two next week.

More importantly for SI chicken raisers, they're open to creating a feed co-op: we collect the money, they have a pallet delivered, and we can then pick up our bags there. (It might also be possible to run a co-op out of a local North Shore church parking lot.)

The usual cost is $35/50 lb bag. I don't know how many bags are on a pallet (neither did they) or what the discount would be, if any.

Let me know if you're interested. I'll try to get cost information next week.

Best regards,
Susan
Debbie
user 4194492
Kingston, NY
Post #: 128
Hi Susan, I know this post is a bit old, but I would be interested in helping with a co-op... or at least joining one.. I have one other friend/acquaintance who would probably also be interested, since she treks out to Jersey to save 5 bucks a bag... I wonder how many of us Staten Islanders raise chickens?? I bet quite a few!!! I am new to raising, actually haven't even gotten my babies yet, but will be next weekend.. was supposed to pick them up today, from Jersey Chickens, but came down with a stomach flu.. which postponed my adoption plans today :( \

Let me know if you, or anyone else may be interested in getting this off the ground, and into flight!!