addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Just Food City Chicken Meetup NYC Message Board Chicken Problems and Illnesses › Please help -- Cocci advice needed

Please help -- Cocci advice needed

Ellen B.
user 12469538
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 9
This morning there was bright red blood in my chicken coop. From what I've read, it sounds like cocci. Can someone recommend a remedy, or even share meds if you have any extra? None of the birds seemed particularly lethargic, but it was very startling to see lots of bright red blood. Any advice?

Thanks,
Ellen
Gregory A.
user 35868722
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 7
Hi Ellen,
Sorry to hear about your birds. I haven't had to confront Cocci as of yet, but check out this link to Backyard Chickens; http://www.backyardch...­
How much blood was in the coop, was blood also in the droppings. I came across blood in my coop once, but luckily it had no droppings and after checking my birds. I find one bird that had a large cut on her comb. I stopped the bleeding with ice and bandage.
I hope the link helps!