addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Just Food City Chicken Meetup NYC Message Board Chicken Classifieds › need laying hens!!!

need laying hens!!!

jenny k.
user 12928905
Ranau, MY
Post #: 1
my coop took forever to build, so we finished it 4 months after start date. but it's finally DONE and i really want to get a few hens before next season. all my contacts that were willing to sell in spring have none at this time of year. anyone know where i can get a few young laying hens (1 yearish)? i'm looking for 3 healthy birds.

thanks!
MEGP
user 4513283
New York, NY
Post #: 18
I'm curious...if there wasn't a rush to build the coop, why would you rush to take whatever hens are available to you when you can just wait until Spring for breeds that you have the luxury of selecting for qualities that will suit your needs?

If all of your contacts have no hens, then it's probably a good idea to wait until Spring when you can get your hands on some healthy ladies raised by reputable folks instead of taking whatever you can get.

Either way, if you feel as though you cannot wait any longer, I wish you the best of luck with your new flock. I hope you find what you are looking for.