K12TECH is the connector for collaborative K-12 programs and classroom technologies. We headquarter in Greater Lafayette, Indiana. Contact us to start your own monthly K12TECH event in your community.
K12TECH enables teachers, parents, educators to share their knowledge, learn from local tech savvy individuals or STEM/STEAM educators about how things can be applied to their classroom or school or district or home, and also better understand business, co-working concepts and startup world to explain it further to their little students. Education as an industry will continue to experience an accelerated level of change in the near future, and teachers and parents will find ourselves needing to keep up.
Join us if you are:
• A school teacher, educator or principal
• A school's network administrator or technology lead
• A school district leader
• A daycare or learning center teacher, educator, or owner
• A home daycare owner
• A leader of a local group focused on STEM/STEAM education
• A home-schooling parent
• A local organization focused on education
• A parent believing in next-gen education
Meet up and share about:
• Education, today
• Education, tomorrow
• What do teachers and educators need help and assistance with, in today's technology world and its role in education
• Integrating technology in schools, daycare and learning centers
• Understanding educating for business and collaboration
• Educate for leadership, creativity, innovation, risk taking, collaboration culture, startup era, and tomorrow's world.
K12TECH is focused on sharing and collaborating on education technologies used in K-12 classrooms. The intended format of these monthly meetups is the following:
1. K-12 programs showcase and Q&A. One or two short presentations of technology-related K-12 programs that local teachers or tech group directors are leading or getting ready to kick off. They will get much feedback, while they will be able to share so much needed information back to other educational groups and K-12 schools. Q&A at the end of each presentation.
2. K-12 Fireside Chat. One of the organizers will spend time with a select teacher, educator etc. and go through a series of Q&As about what influences the local K-12 community, what the trends are in education here locally, who/where/what can help, how is technology used in education, and so many other topics.
3. K-12 IT open table. Getting really geeky with K-12 technologies implementation and administration.
4. A lot of K12TECH education and networking, specifically on technologies used or planned for the next generation K-12 classrooms.
Thanks for joining in! Think outside the #edu box.
P.S. Start your own K12TECH event in your community, contact us: http://bit.ly/k12techfounders.