What we're about
Welcome to KC Kayak & Bike
This is a Kayaking and Bicycle Meet-Up Group. Many of our Meet-Ups with be outside of the metro area and will involve travel. We will of course, host a few local events.
We are looking for a small group of ACTIVE members. This is also a NO-DRAMA group.
The main goal of the group is fitness and fun.
Here are a few examples:
This Group is for the moderately fit cyclist. We will ride mountain bikes, gravel bikes and road bikes. The ultimate goal is to have fun while riding and getting fit. Most events will be within 90 miles of Kansas City.
Here is the list of some of the possible meeting locations:
· Road – most of the rides will be in the Lee’s Summit/Blue Springs area. We can also meet at some of the local bike events and ride as a group (for example, Tour De Lakes).
· Gravel – Little Blue Trace Trail, Flint Hills Trail, Cass County and a few trips to the Flint Hills and Arkansas for some “gravel grinders”.
· Mountain Bike – Swope Park, Blue River, and others areas around the region.
We realize that people have different interests, equipment and skill sets. PLEASE NOTE THAT many of our events are for the advanced paddler with longer/faster kayaks.
Here is a partial list of some of our potential paddle events:
· Whitewater events – we will have 2-3 whitewater paddle events per year. These will be in Arkansas and/or at Whitewater Park in Oklahoma City.
· River Trips - we will host several out of town river trips per year. These will include the following: Missouri River, Current River, Elk River, Mulberry River and Buffalo River in Arkansas.
· Lake Trips – the Apostle Islands, Stockton Lake and a few others.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU OWN A KAYAK or a BICYCLE BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR THE GROUP. WE DO NOT RENT OR PROVIDE ANY EQUIPMENT.
YOUR RSVP - Please do not RSVP until you are 100% positive you will be able to attend. If you RSVP YES, but your plans change, please update your RSVP to NO. New members who are a no-show for their first event and established members who are a no-show twice will be removed from group.
Everyone is welcome!!