What we're about
Hello, Hallo, Hola, Bonjour, Salve, Doroud, Merhaba, Halo, Privet, Namaste, Aloha, Konnichiwa, AHN-YOUNG-HA-SE-YO, Ni Hao, and a warm Selamat Datang!
This is a free to join group and features a meetup every month where the door contribution is RM10 per person. Especially set up for EXPATS that are living in Kuala Lumpur and the suburbs from all walks of life. Make new friends, share experiences, discuss potential business or just enjoy social networking.
This group has been around since mid July 2012! So what do we do?
We meet at place to drink. We contribute RM10 per person to the organisers. We meet everybody, exchange business/social cards with them, and get to know each of them. We have a good time. And as the evening gets late, we hope to do this again. And so, we do it again, at least once to twice a month.
If you are keen to participate in more exciting activities, please join our other meetup group The KL Social Expats Group (https://www.meetup.com/SEG-KL/). This is a paid membership group, so please adhere to its requirements.
We love diversity and encourage everyone to invite their expat friends from other regions of the planet to sign up. Grab your Brazilian, Australian, South African, Russian, Turkish, Spanish etc. co-worker/friend and let them join our group. Thanks.
Looking forward to meet you happy people, meantime do read our terms and conditions of joining the group below.
The Do's and Don'ts in this group:
1. Diversity, Ethnicity and Equality are to be embraced. If your views impinge on or offend others, you do not belong here.
2. Cultivate a Sincere, Safe, and Secure environment. No Fake Meetup Profiles; not only will they be banned, but we will take them to the authorities. Honesty, Humility, and Helpfulness are to be fostered and encouraged.
3. When signing up, please use a real picture of yourself, featuring only your full face. If a member cannot fulfill this very simple obligation, it appears they might not be worthy at all.
4. RSVPs mean somebody or an organiser will take time to receive a member. If a member has signed up / RSVP'd ABLE and not bothered to inform well before hand their intention or inability to attend, this is considered a No-Show. This group has a zero-tolerance for No-Shows.
5. When submitting your RSVP, please leave your number and names of your guests. Try not to drag a friend along because you need somebody to accompany you. You might feel handicapped by them, or them by you. Make the invitation, and let them come on their own will.
5. We are here to genuinely put people together and prosper during their time in Kuala Lumpur. We don't appreciate individuals selling MLM, Financial investment schemes, and individuals who work the crowds at every event pushing their commercial agenda. We are already overwhelmed and this is not the group for it. Thanks for understanding.