Hi everyone! This event is open to new as well as old KLH members!
*For new KLH members ( i.e, first time hiking with KLH), pls submit the one-time membership form, else your RSVP will be rejected until you submit the membership form accordingly. Pls respect this regulation.
Pls click the below link for the membership form:
A) Event host :
1) Eric Chai -[masked]) Mazlin -[masked]) Chan -[masked]
Please keep the event host's no. for emergency use.
B) Meet-up Coordinates: [masked],[masked])
(Very important - the Map shown in the meetup may be wrong!!! Pls copy & paste the given coordinates here !).
Melati hills, Taman Melati
This is a trail open by neurosurgeon Dr. Johari Aziz, but you don't have to be his patient to enjoy it! The trailhead is very visible (next to Temple Na Du Gong). The route starts from the Eagle hill trailhead goes past, among others, Monkey Hill, Cobra Hill and Mosquito Hill, with a section call Rope trail.
The total distance will be around 5km, but expect several ups and downs climbing for a good workout.
This is a hike rated "easy",ideal for newbies provided you are physically fit. Be prepared to hike effectively for 1.5 to 2 hours.
Enjoy the hikers market at the end of it all with a coconut stall and "bundle" hiking clothes.
For this event you will experience oil palm and rubber estate as well as forest, wide and narrow tracks, trails which are rocky, muddy, sandy or consist of red clay or roots, with and without leaf cover. We will also serve a very healthy amount of up- and downhills and some rewarding vistas if the weather is on our side.
C) For carpool arrangement, pls click on the following link: https://goo.gl/8qjLTi
*Pls note, we are just facilitating the carpooling system, it is not the organizers' nor event hosts' role to guarantee you a seat in the offered carpooling system.
D) Besides the classical hiking tips, please note the following:
• wear shoes with profile (a pattern on the soles to prevent slipping and gliding). Adidas Kampung is fine.
• rain gear is recommended
• pack all your sensitive stuff in your backpack in plastic or waterproof bags
• bring a towel, some dry clothes and clean shoes/sandals/slippers and leave it in the car - passengers also bring some newspapers and towels in order to keep your driver's car as clean as possible
• bring a whistle, your personal first aid kit and a headlamp
• there are public toilet/bathrooms besides the car park
• please be responsible and don't litter – be sure not to leave any rubbish along the track area.
E) For emergency purposes:
• if you have a smartphone, install the free apps GPS Coordinates in your phone. In case of an emergency, relay the coordinates to the emergency services via SMS.
• save the emergency numbers in your phone under Emergency. Those numbers are 999 and 112. The latter will work well for mobiles.
• save the event host's mobile phone number in your own mobile phone
• be sure that the battery of your mobile phone is fully charged.
* bring a whistle, a headlamp and your personal first aid kit. We don't expect the worst, but we want to be prepared for the worst...
***Important: You are attending the hikes/runs at your own risk. The organizer, co-organisers or event host will try their best to assist and guide but are in no way responsible, liable or accountable for any damage, personal injuries, etc. By clicking RSVP “Yes” for an event and/or accepting the participation card and/or making a payment, it is deemed that you have read, agreed and accepted the terms and conditions of the disclaimer which can be found here: (http://www.meetup.com/KLhiking/pages/Disclaimer)