Some may know I am not really into "BIG" mountains as I do not have the luxurious of time and I simply love Sweet & Easy Hike. This coming Saturday I choose FRIM again for my cardio-vascular workout. Instead of going there with a buddy of mine, maybe some beginners wanna tag along and sweat it out.
Once it was called "Salem High Country", not bad though after so many years, some Pine Trees still stand tall :) This is absolutely a very simple hike.
However, if you do have guest(s) wanna join this hike, I suggest you get them to be member(s). This is the best present, that's health and fitness... A new "resolution" can start anytime.
Please read "Beginners" hike here http://www.meetup.com/KLhiking/messages/boards/thread/15954172
Please be informed that there's no car-pool arrangement and sweeper for this hike. The trail is very straight forward, wide and clear. Can even drive a car up there if they allowed :) I will drop some paper trails at 2 junctions.
Likely schedule will be as follow:
- 07:00am SHARP Meet at FRIM Information Center (Pusat Penerangan - park your car first)
- 07:05am Move to TrailHead (Drive)
- 07:15am Start hiking
- 08:15am - 08:30am SUMMIT
- 08:45am Start descent
- 09:45am - 10:00am Back at car-park, can go home!
Average Rating: 2.1 (20 booties)
Note: The Entrance Fee is RM5.00/(car & driver) and RM1.00 per passenger. Please assure you give exact amount UNLESS you want to tip them :)
Things To Bring
1. Snacks, Mee Goreng, Nasi Lemak Panas, Lekor, just anything to munch while enjoying the sceneries... (but there are no washroom facilities along the way - still clean food the best bet)
2. Shoes with profiles
3. Rain cot (just in case)
4. Drinking water (at least 1.5-2 liters)
5. Small towel
6. Zip-Lock Plastic Bag to keep your electronic belongings and normal plastic bags for rubbish (Don't leave anything behind except foot prints or hand prints)
7. Clothes +Towel to clean/change after hike (leave them in your car)
8. Mozzies protection (not really needed.. up to you)
9. A pair of glove doesn’t really add on weight to your backpack.
10. A hiking pole can be helpful :).. up to you
11. Sun-screen/block, sun-glasses, a cap ....
12. Camera if you need one..
More info will be posted here. Meanwhile to those who have RSVPed, we appreciate your presence on that day otherwise we will take it as "No Show".
Important: You are attending the hikes/runs at your own risk. The organizer, co-organizers or event host will try his/her best to assist and guide, but is in no way responsible, liable or accountable for any damage, personal injuries, etc. By clicking RSVP “Yes” for an event and/or signing the attendance list and/or making a payment, it is deemed that you have read, agreed and accepted the terms and conditions of the disclaimer which can be found here: Disclaimer (http://www.meetup.com/KLhiking/pages/Disclaimer)