This group is for anyone who would like to meet up for casual games of euchre once in a while. Two games are scheduled each week, Monday's at 7:00 and Thursdays at 7:00. We have second rounds starting at 8:30 for those who can't come at 7:00. This summer we mostly had a 2-3 tables of four playing through to 10:00 pm. There is lots of room at The Burbs Pub (on Hazeldeen), and the servers love our business! It is a great way to make new friends, enjoy one of your favorite games, and perhaps take a break from playing it on your phone (like me!). After each game (usually every 20-30 minutes) we switch up all the partners and game tables. We can accommodate all players when we have uneven groups of foursomes, so don't let the player count influence your decision to attend! I also bring a crib board just in case:)
Of note, we stick to the same rules consistently:
1. Ordering up your partner means you must go along against the other team.
2. Stick the dealer - the dealer must choose a trump suit if everyone else has passed.
3. No ace, no face, no trump - if your five cards in your hand contain no aces, no face cards (Jack, Queen, King) and no trump suit, then you can throw in your hand to declare a re-deal. (I have never seen this happen - it's hard to get that hand actually!)
New to euchre? No worries! We are not a competitive group - we welcome the opportunity to help you learn to play... sort of like an act of a good Samaritan to improve your quality of life! LOL
See you there!
p.s. Write this down in case you find yourself playing 2-handed euchre... it's really fun!!!
1. Deal four cards face down in front of each player. put four cards face up on each of these cards. deal four cards to each player to have in their hand. (all the cards are used, for a total of 12 possible tricks)
2. Non-dealer picks a trump suit based on what they see face up and what is in their hand. If no choice is made, the dealer chooses trump.
3. Play out the same as normal, one card at a time. You can play a card from your hand or one of the four cards face up in front of you. If you play a card from your four on the table, turn over the hidden card after the play if done.
Seven tricks gets 1 point. Ten tricks gets 2 points. Twleve tricks gets 3 points. A euchre gets 2 points. Six tricks each is a no-pointer.