addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Chris W.
chriswray84
Kansas City, MO
Post #: 5
Any interest in a Ticket to Ride tournament? I asked Days of Wonder if they'd sponsor, and they said yes, and they're sending me a prize (likely a medal).

If interested, what night of the week? Location idea?

I'll throw out a Monday in July at Table Top in Overland Park. But I'm open to anything.
Brad
user 109602572
Kansas City, MO
Post #: 3
I'm game. I have only played two half games but I found it rather enjoyable.
Benny Benny Benny ...
user 140478822
Shawnee, KS
Post #: 2
I've got a copy for use. I would suggest a Saturday.

Format? points per game placement then play a few games while randomly mixing up the players?
Chris W.
chriswray84
Kansas City, MO
Post #: 7
I've got a copy for use. I would suggest a Saturday.

Format? points per game placement then play a few games while randomly mixing up the players?
I've heard from several people that early afternoon on July 12 would be perfect. I'll get the okay from Table Top, who has tentatively agreed to host (I just needed to give them a date).

Days of Wonder has given me a medal to give the winner. Sadly, that's the only prize, although I will say it is a very cool medal.

The DoW recommended tournament rules say to do a couple of preliminary rounds and then add players ranks. I think it makes more sense to add scores. Thoughts?
Benny Benny Benny ...
user 140478822
Shawnee, KS
Post #: 4
July 12th sounds good.

3 Preliminary games to build seeding, then sets of 3 either total points or win totals or both depending on total number of players
Chris W.
chriswray84
Kansas City, MO
Post #: 8
TableTop now can't do July 12. How about July 26?
Chris W.
chriswray84
Kansas City, MO
Post #: 9
I'm now being told July 26 doesn't work. How about July 12 at a different location. Ideas? I'll contact Pulp Fiction in Lee's Summit.
Chris W.
chriswray84
Kansas City, MO
Post #: 10
The event will be July 12 at 11:00am at Pulp Fiction in Lee's Summit. Participation capped at 15. I'll post on Meetup ASAP.