What we're about
Would you like to improve your health and fitness?
Improve your health and fitness by joining this group and incorporating beneficial activities and exercises into your weekly routine. Increase your vitality and happiness. Socialise with like minded people who wish to increase their wellbeing. Make improving and maintaining your health and fitness a top priority.
• Practice better movement as well as improve your posture, alignment and balance
• Become stronger, fitter, leaner and more powerful with weight and cardio training
• Improve your flexibility, range of motion, and reduce muscle tightness with yoga and stretching
• Reduce your stress and increase your levels of peace and awareness with meditation and mindfulness
Struggling to find the time or motivation to exercise or focus on your health with work and family obligations?
“Those who think they have no time for exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” ~Edward Stanley
Does your body have more aches, pains or recurring injuries than you would like?
Learn how to move better, improve your posture and reduce muscle imbalances.
In the Mobility, Posture and Balance Class (https://www.meetup.com/Kensington-health-and-fitness-group/pages/23140956/Mobility%2C_Posture_and_Balance_Class) you can work all the joints in the body through a fuller range of motion to increase flexibility and mobility. You will do specific stretches and exercises to improve your posture and alignment.
Would you like to get fitter, leaner and stronger?
In the Strength, Power and Endurance Class (https://www.meetup.com/Kensington-health-and-fitness-group/pages/23140978/Strength%2C_Power_and_Endurance_Class)you will use a wide variety of exercises, body weight, free weights, and machines that will incorporate resistance, power and cardio training to get you fitter, leaner and stronger. We will use circuits, supersets and various combinations of exercises, tempo, repetitions, sets and rest periods to develop your muscular strength, power and endurance. You dont need a gym membership or previous experience so get ready to break a sweat!
Would you like to be more flexible in your joints and less tight in your muscles?
Help your muscles to be long, lean, flexible, strong, and healthy.
The Stretching, Flexibility and Yoga Class (https://www.meetup.com/Kensington-health-and-fitness-group/pages/23140959/Stretching%2C_Flexibility_and_Yoga_Class) will use movement, breathing and holding different types of stretches for different time periods to reduce tightness in your muscles and joints. You can practice various yoga positions to create a more optimum range of motion, and achieve better alignment and symmetry in your body. These exercises will help improve your posture and flexibility.
Would it be nice to be less stressed and reactive, and become more peaceful and centred?
Become present, aware, and experience joy and peace in this moment.
In the Mindfulness, Meditation and Breathing Class (https://www.meetup.com/Kensington-health-and-fitness-group/pages/23140950/Mindfulness%2C_Meditation_and_Breathing_Class/) you will learn and practice meditative techniques. Discover ways of applying mindfulness to everyday activities so it becomes a habbit. Learn different ways and techniques of breathing to support you depending on your circumstances.
Come along to the class you feel will benefit you the most.
Come along to more than one class or even all of them if you are ambitious.
Make your health and wellbeing a priority. Routines are powerful ways of developing habbits that can become part of your lifestyle. And as Will Durant stated
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
Set yourself up to succeed. Make some of these classes part of your weekly routine.
Commit to moving towards optmium levels of health and fitness. Make this your habbit.
Make some form of movement, fitness, exercise and meditation part of your lifestyle.
Meet like-minded individuals and take this opportunity to improve your health and fitness! There are several options nearby to pick up a healthy post-workout lunch or juice, a great chance to chat with your fellow class members!
We currently run a great selection of classes on a Saturday:
• 2.30pm - Mobility, Posture and Balance Class - 30 mins - £5 (https://www.meetup.com/Kensington-health-and-fitness-group/pages/23140956/Mobility%2C_Posture_and_Balance_Class)
• 3.00pm - Strength, Power and Endurance Class - 60 mins - £10 (https://www.meetup.com/Kensington-health-and-fitness-group/pages/23140978/Strength%2C_Power_and_Endurance_Class)
• 4.00pm - Stretching, Flexibility and Yoga Class - 30 mins - £5 (https://www.meetup.com/Kensington-health-and-fitness-group/pages/23140959/Stretching%2C_Flexibility_and_Yoga_Class)
• 4.30pm - Mindfulness, Meditation and Breathing Class - 30 mins - £5 (https://www.meetup.com/Kensington-health-and-fitness-group/pages/23140950/Mindfulness%2C_Meditation_and_Breathing_Class)
We look forward to seeing you.
To visit the website where the classes will be held go to : www. http://thekensingtonstudio.com/