Vulkan is here! Want to learn more about it? Come along to the Getting started with Vulkan Khronos UK Chapter event on Tuesday 8th March in Bristol.
5:30pm – Networking, demos (facilitated by beer and pizzas!)
6:30pm – Presentations on how to get going with Vulkan:
- Quick intro and guide to Window System Integration – Alon Or-bach, Samsung R&D Institute UK
- Command buffers, pipelines and synchronisation – Jon Kennedy, Intel
- Memory and resources – Chris Hebert, NVIDIA
- Renderpasses – Michael Worcester, Imagination Technologies
- SPIR-V and GLSL for Vulkan – Neil Hickey, ARM and Benedict Gaster, UWE Bristol
7:45pm – Panel discussion on the need for Vulkan, and how it fits alongside the OpenGL ES and OpenGL APIs
8:30pm – Close & after-event drinks
Directions to get to Merchant Ventures Building:
There is a multi storey car park on Park Row just a short walk away (~100m):
Space is limited - and pizzas might be too - so please be sure to RSVP to guarantee entry - and if you're unable to make it, please update us so we can offer someone else attendance.