What we're about
We are a happy, friendly bunch of people that like to play football.
We welcome any gender/age/race/religion/sexual orientation/football ability - we even accept Chelsea & Millwall supporters!
The Kickabout Union is split into two groups in London, UK. You can play football at our original group in Primrose Hill (NW3) which has been going since 2011. Or you can play at our sister group which began in 2015 (originally in North Greenwich) but has since found permanent residence in Blackheath (SE3). Do you want to be a 'Hillbilly' or a 'Heathen'?
Blackheath play at 10am every Saturday
Primrose Hill play at 12:30pm every Saturday
During the summer we usually host midweek events on Wednedays from 6:30pm
We use 7-a-side goals, mark the pitches out with cones and separate one team with bibs. We also provide footballs. We time the games usually with 40 to 45 minutes per half so expect to play for longer than 1 hour!
Games are usually capped at 16 for an 8-a-side game. Blackheath Kickabout has recently acquired 9-a-side size goals for bigger games, so numbers can be extended for the events in SE3.
The minimum number we require for a game is 10 players for a 5-a-side.
If numbers for an event are uneven, a nominated player will play 1 half for each team in the order of fairness.
The Kickabout Union is for people who enjoy playing football without the extortionate costs. However, as we regularly provide equipment for events we do politely ask for donations per game (usually £1 a player). The money is kept in the Kickabout Union vault and is opened when a goal breaks or a football pops.
28/02/2017 - We are currently trialing a £1 per play scheme for 4 weeks for our weekly football games at Primrose Hill and Blackheath. You can pay via the the event using a credit/debit card or PayPal.
Tournaments, Tours & Charity
We occasionally host football tournaments or play in others for good causes.For the last 2 years, we have played a game for charity in our Onesies usually held in December. In 2015, a large group of us travelled to Madrid, Spain to play a one-off game with a former group member. We hope to do another game abroad in the future!
As well as playing football, we do like to socialise too. This could be watching the Pro's kick a ball on the big screen at a London bar or other activities. We are open for suggestions.
Code of Conduct for Kickabout Union:
- Play Nice (Offensive behaviour will not be tolerated)
- Punctuality (as William Shakespear once said: "Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.")
- If you are running late for an event then please contact the Kickabout Committee.
- Do not turn up at the events without notifying a Committee member.
- Positive Comments only (Do not boss other players around)
- Persistent dropouts will get a ban (even if they tell us they aren't coming)
- We appreciate help from all players with the set-up and take-down of equipment.
- We play in bad weather!- Do not leave any litter
- No +1's unless agreed with a Committee member. If your friend wants to play, get them to join the group and RSVP themselves.