We are a happy, friendly bunch of people that like to play football.
We welcome any gender/age/race/religion/sexual orientation/football ability - we even accept Millwall supporters!
The Kickabout Union is split into two groups in London, UK. You can play football at our original group in Primrose Hill (NW3) which has been going since 2011. Or you can play at our sister group which began in 2015 (originally in North Greenwich) but has since found permanent residence in Blackheath (SE3). Do you want to be a 'Hillbilly' or a 'Heathen'?
Blackheath play at 10am every Saturday
Primrose Hill play at 12:30pm every Saturday
During the summer we usually host midweek events from 6:30pm
We use rigid goals, mark the pitches out with cones and separate one team with bibs. We even provide footballs. We time the games usually with 40 to 45 minutes per half so expect to play for longer than 1 hour!
Games are usually capped at 16 for an 8-a-side game. Blackheath have 9-a-side size goals for bigger games.
The minimum number we require for a game is 10 players for a 5-a-side.
If numbers for an event are uneven, a nominated player will play 1 half for each team in the order of fairness.
The Kickabout Union is for people who enjoy playing football without the extortionate costs. However, as we regularly provide equipment for events we ask for donations per game (£2 a player). The money is kept in the Kickabout Union vault and is opened when a goal breaks or a football pops.
Code of Conduct for Kickabout Union:
- Be polite!
- Punctuality (as William Shakespear once said: "Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.")
- Do not turn up at the events without telling us
- Positive Comments only (Do not boss other players around)
- Persistent dropouts will get a ban (even if they tell us they aren't coming)
- We appreciate help from all players with the set-up and take-down of equipment.
- We play in bad weather!
- Do not leave any litter!
- No +1's unless agreed with us, If your friend wants to play, get them to join the group and RSVP themselves.