1. The purpose of this group is to support survivor's of sexual assault within the Knoxville and surrounding communities. Since this group is so new, we will most likely meet weekly or 3 times a month (this is subject to change). The founder of this group was frustrated with the lack of readily available survivors of SA support groups in the area once she moved here. She has a passion for sexual assault prevention and response and has dedicated research and advocacy towards these topics.
2. This is not group therapy, strictly a support group. There will not be a master's level counselor/social worker to facilitate the discussions. Currently there is only a BSW graduate that will be a peer facilitator. However, will therapy be brought up? Yes! We will encourage individuals to seek therapy options that suit their own unique needs.
3. This group is what I'd like to call a "rough draft" where we can make up our own rules by means of majority voting.
4. This is an all female support group. Please reach out to Shelby if you have any questions about joining.
5. Location of group meets will remain confidential. Reach out to facilitator.