Krakow 2600 meetings are similar to those held around the world. Hackers, crackers, geeks, hats of any colour, technology enthusiasts, hacktivists, and other like-minded folks are most welcome. We do not judge anyone. Meetings are open to anyone, regardless of their level of expertise, age, job, gender, nationality etc.
Unless specified, there are no particular topics or activities set for these meetings, and each one of us is responsible for making them interesting, whether in the form of intelligent discussions or exchange of knowledge. Anything goes.
We currently meet on the first Friday of every month at the following times and locations:
- 8:00 — 11:00 PM: The initial meeting takes place at the VRCafe, Dolnych Młynów 10, Kraków.
- 11:00 PM — Late: Once folks have arrived and had drinks and food, and talks are done, we (eventually/sometimes) move onto one of the other local pubs and bars within the city centre.
The meeting continues for as long as at least two participants are able to maintain an intelligent conversation.
1. We meet in a public area. Nobody is excluded. There is no admission charge or dues of any sort.
2. It's preferable to have meetings in as open a spot as possible rather than behind closed doors. This ensures that new people who don't know about the meetings will be drawn in. We have nothing to hide and we don't presume to judge who is worthy of attending and who is not.
3. We act in a responsible manner. We don't do illegal things and we don't cause problems for the place we're meeting in.
4. We do not restrict use of any language, but prefer English, since these meetings are open for everyone, regardless nationality.