addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

LA Innovators + Early Adopters Message Board › DECEMBER DEMOS

DECEMBER DEMOS

Russell
russellarmand
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 9
Do you have something 50+ technologists might be interested in?

Please take a moment to write a brief description of it here (just use "reply" to add to this discussion).

I'll get an email when new replies are added. The best demos will be added to the following list:

• TBD
  • TBD
  • TBD
  • TBD
  • TBD

Once we have five demos ready to go, I'll schedule the next Meetup and add it to our calendar...
A former member
Post #: 1
My name is Vak Sambath and I am Cambodian-American who is CEO and Founder of Campusbug.com. My company is located in Anaheim, CA. I'd like to take this opporunity to tell you a little bit about the company, our mission and the product.

Campusbug.com is an early stage company developed by Medmania Inc. Since 2004, I've been working on developing a hybrid social networking software called social learning software that allows students to manage their educational lives by focusing on their social lives. Our mission is seeing that "learning is a social experience". This social experience is how we feel social networking can be used as positive tool for students. What we want to do is focus on taking something that maybe viewed as a negative technology among many parents and media outlets into something that they can see a positive future for social networking companies and its impact on education.

Campusbug - Beyond Learning

Campusbug.com is a social learning service providing both social networking and educational experience as a web based service and content portal. Primary target markets are for students and educators. Users can now manage both their personal and educational lives in a more interactive environment for improving test scores, memory retention, and effective communication using social networking capabilities. Some of the feature applications includes: Bibliography Generator, Flashcard Generator, Question & Answering System, Test Center, EZ Writing (Online Word Processing) and much more. Campusbug.com is the next hybrid in social networking systems by combining Web 2.0 and eLearning applications.
A former member
Hi Vak,

Have you heard of Two Smart Dogs? http://twosmartdogs.c...­
It is a site for people who like education. The goal is to list educational opportunities in one place.
They are just launching in Los Angeles.
I am telling you about them, because perhaps there is synergy between what your two efforts.

Regards,
Margaret Meloni
A former member
Post #: 2
I haven't heard of them...I went to the site...but there's no contact page.
A former member
Post #: 2
Since they are just getting started in this area, consider signing up as a beta user, then you can track their progress.
A former member
Post #: 3
ok. i'll try that route then...thanks for the tip.
Francisco D.
titanstrike
Los Angeles, CA
Titan Strike - A social network for gamers.

Titan Strike is a community (currently in private beta) where people come to meet, compete and share. Users can create player and team profiles to challenge one another on a variety of game platforms. This web-enabled flash application allows rich networking - via flash forums, flash user photo galleries, instant messaging, game scheduling, fully automated tournaments and full game-statistic reporting. Developers can also tap into our system to provide communication and matchmaking engines for their own games by using our APIs.

I would like to:

• Introduce the group to Titan Strike
  • Give a concise demo of how our software works
  • Describe the benefits of our system compared to other existing products

The inaugural Miss Video Game 2007 competition was recently held on our Titan Strike platform. You can see photos of the finals in Montreal, Canada here:

Titan Strike Flickr Photos

Thank you for your consideration.
A former member
I'd like to suggest that a man, until recently only known as ?Ted? or ?The Founding Member," presents at the upcoming MeetUp. He?s been called the ?Joe Klein of Venture Capital? and ?the Internet?s Che Guevara.? ?Ted,? as Wired and others reported this month, is Adeo Ressi, successful serial entrepreneur who has launched and sold three companies?and who was burned by secret tactics of the VC community one time too many.

As a result of his experiences, Adeo set out to create an online community where CEOs could honestly and anonymously exchange information about venture funds worldwide, as a way to bring to light the practices of the funds and level the playing field for all. Built over a few spare weekends around the holidays last year, he called the site TheFunded. It now has 4,000 plus member CEOs researching, rating and reviewing VC funds. It also has the attention of the VC community, and since identifying himself as the founder of TheFunded, Ressi has been the recipient of at least one cease-and-desist from a disgruntled VC.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on having Adeo. Please let me know!
A former member
Post #: 12
Russell,

I do technical sales and marketing for Renderhosting.net / Dedicatedroom.com, brands of Sudjam LLC. We offer shared web hosting, dedicated web hosting and custom hosted solutions.

I would like to prepare a presentation that would give insight to the developers and programmers out there when choosing their next provider to host their applications. This will be useful to any developer that does not host their production server in their basement off a DSL connection.

Thanks Russell.

Regards,
Yan Huang
A former member
Musicshake, Inc. (www.musicshake.com) is based in South Korea with US office in LA. Simply put, we provide a so called User Generated Music solution that allows the general public w/o any knowledge of music to create their own professional level quality music with very simple steps/clicks based on various ?modules?.

We were one of the TechCrunch40 finalists in September and was one of the darlings of the crowd. You can check some videos at:
-Presentation: http://www.youtube.co...­
-G4TV ?Attack of the Show? review: http://www.g4tv.com/a...­