addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

LA Robotics Club Message Board › 2014 meeting/class topics?

2014 meeting/class topics?

Michael B.
mlbelanger
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 4
Greetings All,

As we start to plan a new year of activities at the LA Robotics Club I thought I'd throw out a discussion question: What meeting topics or formal classes would you like to see us cover in 2014? Please reply here and feel free to join the conversation!

M.L. Belanger
David V
user 34896342
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1
Michael,
My personal interests are taking me more into mechanical design and manufacturing. There's lots of possibilities with 3D printing and laser cutters, but I'm not as skilled with taking the ideas from my prototype circuits to something that looks and works like the items I envision.
Bob M
Sherman Oaks, CA
Post #: 20
How about Bayes' Theorem ?
Bayesian math in different forms is the backbone of robotics decision making. Speech recognition, finding the best path to take (all of the GPS programs use it), 'Bag of Words' (understanding sentence content), biometrics (like face recognition) and a 1000 other applications use it.
Metro P.
user 8294854
North Hollywood, CA
Post #: 3
Interesting and educational projects at the intermediate / advanced level. 3D printer, home/office security robot, home gardening robot, open-source industrial robots, scientific instrumentation autosampling robotics. Platforms that have higher capacity, maybe rasberry pi, ARM. As more advanced classes are offered, I have no problem paying $50, $100 or more.
A former member
Post #: 9
I am interested in generative art and audio installations controlled through live interaction with micro controllers, cameras, sensors and tablets/phones, projected on screens or video displays using physical computing with arduino and image processing using software such as processing.
James C.
james.coulter
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 5
The intro to arduino classes were a big hit. I'd like to build on those and dig into how actuators like stepper motors work. I think a class series that builds up a basic rover with camera would be great fun.