What we're about
Are you new to the area and looking for other Democrats? Have you lived here for a while and thought you were the only Democrat in the area? You've found your people!
Located in Maricopa County, Arizona, Legislative District 18 includes West Chandler, South Tempe, Southwest Mesa, and Ahwatukee in Phoenix. LD 18 is in Congressional District 9. Our district is also part of Maricopa County Supervisorial District 1.
The LD 18 Democrats are part of the Maricopa County Democratic Party and the Arizona Democratic Party. As Democrats who are proud of our values, we work to:
• guarantee human and civil rights for all through great public schools, quality healthcare, women’s rights, and workers’ rights;
• leave our state and world a better place by addressing climate change and stewardship of human resources, education, and the environment;
• move forward with immigration reform, campaign finance reform, and separation of church and state;
• achieve economic security through equal opportunity, a livable minimum wage, and a strong middle class;
• celebrate our diversity;
• honor and serve our service members and veterans; and
• expand Social Security and Medicare.
As one of the strongest and most active legislative district parties in the state, we work to elect Democrats up and down the ballot. We're proud of the hard work we put into electing Sean Bowie to the AZ Senate, and Mitzi Epstein and Jennifer Jermaine to the AZ House in 2020! LD18 is a blue district with all 3 of the legislature seats held by Democrats, and we're working to keep it that way.
We have multiple meetings, coffee events, huddles, and activities planned each month, and would love for you to join us at our next meeting. Our monthly meeting is on the 2nd Monday of every month at 7 pm. We meet virtually via Zoom during the pandemic. You can find how to register for meetings and everything else about us on our website, on Facebook, and on Twitter. If you live in LD18 and want more information about our group, sign up for our newsletters. Visit our Linktree for info on current meetings and all the social media links.