Come join L.L.Bean's Outdoor Discovery School Instructor John Mrdjenovich for a free seven week program designed to get you outside and increase you fitness activity. Each week will have a different challenge with increased difficulty!
• Starts March 15 Ends May 3 (skips Easter weekend)
• As part of the endurance program, Weight will be added occasionally, according to and individuals strength and ability:
• Designed at the beginner to intermediate levels
• All fitness levels are welcome
• Great for those who want to increase endurance or maintain weight
Participants are welcome to attend any or all outings. You do not have to participate in one to attend another. Participants are encouraged to come to all seven outings as each outing builds on the previous.
The routes will primarily be on pavement. The routes and locations are subject to change depending on conditions.
Good hiking shoes or strong athletic shoes with good support are recommended. Dress appropriately for the weather. These outings are rain/snow or shine.
What to Bring:
• Lite Backpack
• L.L.Bean participant agreement, read, sign and bring with you. To download...Click Here
Additional: Lip Balm, Personal Medicines, Walking Stick or Trekking Poles
***Program Distance Agenda***
Week 1 - 7mi
Week 2 - 10mi
Week 3 - 7mi
Week 4 - 12mi
Week 5 - 9mi
Week 6 - 7mi
Week 7 - 15mi
Minimum Age: This outing is open to all ages with the minimum age being 10. Children 10 to 14 years of age need to be accompanied by a participating adult. Children 15 to 17 years old can participate alone after their parent has signed the appropriate release form.
Not sure if you're prepared for the outdoors? Visit L.L.Bean at Ross Park Mall and ask to speak with an Outdoor Product Specialist. L.L.Bean will fit you with the right clothing and gear.
1000 Ross Park Mall Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
L.L.Bean Pittsburgh Outing Club on Meetup
L.L.Bean Outdoor Discovery School
L.L.Bean | 100 Years and Counting