addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

NYC LOST Meetup Message Board Tunnel Event Discussion › LOST Finale Event - Still going through 5,000 emails

LOST Finale Event - Still going through 5,000 emails

Sarah
SarahTJ9
Little Neck, NY
Post #: 38
Carrie, this whole thing has been an elaborate performance art prank, right?

I'm wondering that as well, some of her antics, drug induced comas, claims of running the Super Bowl, are just too over the top to seem remotely plausible, almost to the point where I wonder if she wants people to drop out for some reason. I'm thinking of a plot similar to that of The Producers.

Marc
user 7225306
New York, NY
Post #: 46
Co-event organizers Mark and Kevin knew that I was in the hospital and that I had hired a pro team and everything was planned out in March.

Yes, Kevin and I knew that Carrie was in the hospital, as did several other people. But, we didn't know she was okay and able to continue with the event until April 23rd. On that day Carrie texted me and I transcribed what she wrote onto page 1 of the "Desperately Seeking Carrie" message board. On April 27, I again transcribed what she wrote on page 2 of that board. She had said that she was "back in full force" and going through "5000 emails." (Both of these posts are still there. Feel free to check them out.)

That was two weeks ago. The next 8 pages of concerns began because there was no new information coming in, no tickets being refunded, and the website went down. Kevin and I were suppose to check out the tunnel that weekend, but heard from Carrie at the last minute that it wasn't happening. (I received a one sentence text message at 5:45AM.)

While Carrie told us that she hired a pro team to handle the event, we had no more proof of that than anyone else. That was why both of us wanted to walk through the tunnel and meet those involved that weekend.

When it didn't happen, we decided not to be part of the event.

Just wanted to get this out there before the story twists into something resembling that Kevin and I were suppose to be keeping everyone in the know. The fact is, we didn't know anything to pass on.

For the record, anyone who has read my book knows that I believe LOST is alive. We are all deeply invested in the show. Isn't it odd that a scenario has been created where:
-there are seemingly two opposing forces who wish us to join them
-both initially made convincing arguments as to why he or she was the one to follow
-the candidates, i.e., co-organizers, split up early on, then some went back, until all eventually united
-we aren't sure if one of the leaders is what it claims to be, especially since it might be working with another group
-"don't tell me what I can't do" is the implied response of this leader who has been in a recent car accident, was unable to walk, was in a coma, and then spent time in the hospital with dad.
-those chosen to speak for one of the leaders have lost their faith and switched sides
-both of these speakers took a hint from Sawyer and had decided earlier on to play both sides just to play it safe
-a "ghost" banished from meetup decided to haunt a recent gathering resulting in a rather scary exchange
-a sometimes bearded member who hadn't been seen since the start of the season recently returned from a far-off land
-there are whispers going on behind the scenes that will effect the end game
-this end game is the 108th meetup event since its inception
-there are many questions still unresolved and fans aren't sure if they will ever get answers, namely, what lies behind the sealed up wall of the Atlantic (Atlantis?) Tunnel hatch?

Follow the clues fellow Losties! Follow the clues...

Al M.
AlMejias
New York, NY
Post #: 547
LMFAO!

Dude, that's why I love ya'! :)

/.\\™
Al Mejias
PS
Follow the money. ;)
WayneInNYC
WayneInNYC
New York, NY
Post #: 30
Marc -

LMAO at your post.

You can add the promise of "Mysterious food drops from unknown "sponsors."
A former member
Post #: 26
Seriously, for being a professional that has done everything from single-handedly run the Super Bowl to airlifting troops into Haiti or whatever it is that she claims to have done, you would think posting a message with specific updates wouldn't be so difficult. Or, you know, getting an assistant to help out.

My understanding is that the BHRA has exclusive access to that tunnel, AND the www.nyclostfinale.com site is still down (after two lies about hosting), AND to say her FAMILY and LIFE have been threatened is histrionic and delusional to say the least. I mean, even if only a handful of people don't get back some of the nearly $20,000 or so that was collected (300 times $60 or so, right?), it's still a pretty big payday.When I read the part about "I have to involve my lawyer", I immediately pictured a stuffed animal holding a little briefcase.

My prediction? The next message will say that because of all the trouble that people have caused, the event will be canceled. She will say that she wanted to do something awesome, but because everyone is so ungrateful, she's not going to make it happen, thus, it's all of our faults. I honestly think this is what will happen.

So what do you say, can we see some specifics, or proof for anything please? Thanks!

Al M.
AlMejias
New York, NY
Post #: 548
LMAO!

Rich, I'm so glad your back! :)

/.\\™
Al Mejias

Sarah
SarahTJ9
Little Neck, NY
Post #: 39
Seriously, for being a professional that has done everything from single-handedly run the Super Bowl to airlifting troops into Haiti or whatever it is that she claims to have done, you would think posting a message with specific updates wouldn't be so difficult. Or, you know, getting an assistant to help out.

I know right?

"I have to involve my lawyer", I immediately pictured a stuffed animal holding a little briefcase.

For all we know, Carrie might also be a lawyer!

My prediction? The next message will say that because of all the trouble that people have caused, the event will be canceled. She will say that she wanted to do something awesome, but because everyone is so ungrateful, she's not going to make it happen, thus, it's all of our faults. I honestly think this is what will happen.

Hmm, that would involve calling off the event, and issuing refunds. .I'm going to guess is that the next thing we hear is that there is some other emergency that befalls her, one that hasn't conveniently happened to her yet.
ali
user 3803721
New York, NY
Post #: 35
Carrie, I am sorry about your recent troubles. Beyond that -- everyone else has already responded more eloquently and thoroughly to your email than I could, but I want to point out two things:

This whole problem started because of two PSYCHO women that were fighting with other members in another group (which they had to get restraining orders against). I removed them and they retaliated by joing the group and causing trouble.

Nope - you took care of causing (creating) trouble all by yourself, by
- not communicating even when repeatedly begged to via any of a hundred means,
- repeatedly contradicting yourself in your words and actions (eg, here vs. at Brainiacs, refunds not issued last week,etc.,), and
- perhaps most injurious to yourself of all, refusing to delegate or accept even an ounce of the help that was repeatedly, generously offered to you by Tom, Kevin and Marc (if I forgot anyone, apologies).
Besides your unerring instinct for making things worse for yourself at every plot point, your nastiness and defensiveness from day one didn't help.

Also, those women's presence or absence here had zero bearing on my (or as far as I can tell anyone else's) frustration about the Tunnel event. I didn't even *know* about that history until well into this increasingly unbelievable journey.

...Now that you've all caused trouble and defamed my character and threatened my life, that of my family, job, etc. I have to involve my attorney.

There's no possible mystery about whom you're referring to as "psycho women". Sounds like you're not the only one who should be seeking legal counsel.
A former member
Post #: 53
Usually when one person thinks they're right and everyone else is wrong, they're wrong.

- nuff said
A former member
Post #: 3
Carrie,

I concur with the comments above. As someone who was self employed herself for a few years, I know how hectic it can get when life gets in the way and you still have to work. No sicks days, no one to pick up the slack and you still have to deal with clients. However, when I knew I needed help, I ASKED for it and DELEGATED when I couldn't do everything on my own.

You say you have all these emails and still have to work on weekends. Well then the PROFESSIONAL thing to do would be to delegate to someone else to answer the emails for you, or reply in a TIMELY manner that you are backed up, but will process refunds. Many offered their help so you can't say that you were totally alone with handling everything.

I also ran my business using Pay Pal and when a client asked for refunds I responded in a timely manner and contacted them ASAP. Refunds were given w/in 7-10 business days, I did not wait weeks to reply or give back refunds. I took FULL responsibility when things went wrong and did not blame other people as you are doing. That is a terrible way to conduct business and you lose respect of the client.

All that you have been through in your personal life is truly unfortunate, but that doesn't excuse ignoring people on the LOST message boards and posting on your other meet-up boards instead. That is AVOIDANCE BEHAVIOR and its very unprofessional.

At the end of the day, I don't care how many past events you've organized, don't care about people destroying your apartment, or "psycho women"...that has NOTHING to do with the Tunnel event or members' money. This has never been personal, it's only business.

Jax