addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Lafayette Game Night Message Board › Playtesting logistics

Playtesting logistics

A former member
Post #: 18
Okay, so my last couple of attempts to playtest my game haven't gone so well in terms of attendance. Apparently picking a time and hoping people show up wasn't the best approach.

So let me go about this in a more organized manner. If you are interested in checking the game out, please reply and give me a time or multiple times over the next 2 or 3 weeks when you would be available to sit down and play a 5-6 hour game. If we can get multiple people's availability to coincide, I will make a new event.

Thanks!
Kevin M.
user 47169582
Lafayette, IN
Post #: 34
Now that football is over, Sundays are best for me. For that game length, I would need to start no later than 1pm.
A former member
Post #: 19
I would just like to keep this topic active. If anybody has any interest in play-testing my game, please let me know, and we can work on arranging a meetup. The last play-test was with 3 people and took a little less than 5 hours, just for reference.

Also, I hope to have a video explanation of the game completed soon, which I will post to give a better idea of what the game involves.
Michael
user 82021662
Lafayette, IN
Post #: 1
Do you have a rulebook of any kind yet? Also what type of game is it and what's the theme? If you've posted this just let me know and I'll look around.
A former member
Post #: 20
I do have a description of the game somewhere ("I made a game" thread), but quick run-down is that Forge War is a Euro-style game of resource investment and management with a fantasy theme of slaying dragons and other mythical creatures. Essentially players are blacksmiths that use resources to forge weapons, which they give to adventurers who go on quests to earn points. There is a mine phase of each turn where players gather resources using spatial reasoning, then a market phase where they spend money to collect more resources and weapon designs, then a quest phase where they complete quests using the designs and resources to get a return of resources and points. The kicker, however, is that the quests aren't completed when they are acquired, but are completed over a number of turns and require a continual investment of resources during that time, so it takes a bit of planning to figure out what quests you can handle.

As I said, a video is coming soon, and I am also working on a rule book, which is mostly complete, except that it needs visual examples in order to not be confusing. I'd still be willing to send anyone the rules as-is if they want, though. Other than that, you'll just have to trust me and everyone else who's played it that it is super-fun (if you're into complex Euro-style games).
A former member
Post #: 21
Alright, I've made up a rulebook (link) and a gameplay video (link)! The first half of the video is a rundown of the rules and the second half is a sample turn. And the rulebook contains everything you would ever want to know about the game. Enjoy, and let me know if you're interested in checking out! (Note there is also a short variant that only takes an hour to play)