Tour of Georgetown’s Wild History, Sunday, June 16, 4 pm!
A thriving, antebellum tobacco port, Georgetown was a place of bitter contention during the Civil War, and long a site of political scandal and mysterious deaths, a cockpit of Cold War & WW2 espionage, even home to several of America’s most influential inventors.
A perfect place for a walking tour of scandal, murder, misbehavior and intrigue--bracketed by some of the nation's finest architecture!
When: Sunday, June 16, 4 pm. About 2.25 hours.
Where: Meet ON THE RIVERFRONT on the Potomac River side of NICK’s Riverside Grill.
Fee: $20, paid in cash at the start of the tour.
You must RSVP to attend.
Questions? Contact: [masked]
The action-packed itinerary will select from the following persons & events:
• The nephew of Mark Twain, and his crazed scheme for eternal life
• Georgetown’s 9-11 tragedy
• The Lincolns’ seances
• The spy whose plots killed dozens
• The ghost inside the machine
• A famous journalist and witch
• The femme fatale who bedeviled the KGB
• The haunted house of Georgetown U
• A Founding Father’s brush with the Devil
• Mysterious hideaways for runaway slaves
• Mysteries of the Old Stone House
• The murdered lover of a beloved President
• Exorcisms and executions
• George Washington’s bodyguard, and a presidential murder
• The woman spy who trick-or-treated France, Italy--and J. Edgar Hoover
• A famed female author’s brush with war-time horror
Who: Your host is the author of many books of history, including (https://www.amazon.com/Patriots-America-Things-American-Should/dp/1596525495).
His latest book, based on his tours, comes out this summer:
He is a former presidential speechwriter, a former writer for Jay Leno’s “The Tonight Show.
RSVP: You must RSVP to attend.
We’re on TripAdvisor!:
Think history’s boring? Think again!!