A social group for the non-religious community of Brainerd, Minnesota and the surrounding area. Our mission is to connect and build community support for anyone in our area who identifies as atheist, agnostic, freethinker, humanist, skeptic, or anyone else who feels isolated by not attending a church in a rural area. We are your "tribe!"
The first Sunday of the month, we hold a lunch discussion group. Discussion topics for 2019-2020 include:
· April - Freedom of speech and freedom to offend.
· May - Numerical Hygiene - being skeptical about research. Understanding research results articles.
· June - Love and degeneracy and normalcy
· July - Politics & Media - fake news and figuring out the truth. Atheists in politics (e.g. Kyrsten Sinema, senator from Arizona).
· August - Environmental beliefs and religion.
· September - Prognostication effectiveness.
· October - Accountability for past behaviors. Changing as a person and forgiveness, atonement. The value and the downsides of judging others.
· November - What is pro-social behavior?
· December - Cognition and religion.
· January (2020) - Diet and Nutrition - how to be healthy, being skeptical of company lines, evidence for good health.
· February (2020) - Mental Health. Drugs for happiness and more. Religion and mental health. Support systems.
We’ll also look for opportunities to learn from each other at specially-offered events and maybe get together for games, movies, and/or other social fun.