***Ride Preview notes:
* Recent tar and chip on numerous roads. Please watch the intersections especially - many loose stones!! Brethren Church, Amishtown, Voganville, and West Metzler roads are affected.
* At mile 5.5 on the cue sheet, the instruction is L on Groffdale Church Rd. Google believes it is Groffdale Church Rd, but the street sign says S Farmersville Rd.
* On Wanner Rd, after you cross Rte 322 at the traffic light at Hinkletown, there is a stop sign at Farmersville Rd. at ~16 miles. This is NOT the cue sheet turn. Continue another .4 miles and turn R on Farmersville at Keystone Concrete.
* At 19.1 miles, L on Pleasant Valley Rd, the street sign pole is knocked over and laying in the grass. The road is closed straight ahead so the left turn is still obvious.
Although the 1/4 mile max grade for the ride reads at 3.9, there are 2 hills on Diamond Station Rd that are decently long at ~5-6% spot grade. The second hill has indents, apparently from a steel wheeled tractor going out on it when the macadam was soft, if you get into them it's like riding on rumble strips. For newer riders or those who do not want the hill challenge, I would propose the following alternate route ending:
19.3 Straight on Willis Pierce Rd
19.7 Right on Peace Rd
20.1 Left on East Metzler
21.3 Left on Farmersville
Immed Right on West Metzler
22.3 Left into Brownstown CTC
This makes the ride just over a mile shorter.
Celebrate the Tour de France and ride our TdRR as a tribute to the event. Tour de France details here. https://www.letour.fr/en/overall-route
TdRR ride details; start location, Cue and GPX links are on the TDRR schedule at this link:
Ride Card punch/scan starting 7:30AM->8:00AM. Ride leaders/sweeps leave at 8am.
Tour de Red Rose Notes:
1. Check Google Groups for weather updates. Join at https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/lancasterbikeclub if you are not already part of this group. If this ride is cancelled, you need to have either ridden the previous ride or the next day's ride.
2. Please remember to bring your Ride Card so that it can be punched.
3. You can only receive one ride punch per day.