In a nutshell, Large Outdoors helps you enjoy walking and other outdoor adventures in those areas of the country that put the Great in Great Britain!
Here are a few more reasons:
• You don’t need to worry about the planning. We take care of the food, accommodation, route planning, logistics and will even give you advice on the kit you need to bring.
• We enable you to explore Britain’s wilder spots, achieve tougher challenges or discover the joys of being outdoors in a sociable and safe atmosphere.
• All our team have first-hand experience of joining a group when they knew no-one. This means our hosts are very tuned in to the imagined horrors that some feel when they’re about to join one of our trips and will sweep those fears away as soon as guests arrive.
• Yes, we have longer treks but many of our trips offer options for those who are looking for easier walks or who simply want to saunter and relax.
• Did we mention we’re about putting fun into the outdoors? Well it’s worth mentioning again. In fact, imagine those weekends that leave you buzzing; the ones where you’ve laughed a lot, succumbed to the charms of the countryside, enjoyed great food and relaxed.
Day-long Lake District trips, dog-friendly and definitely do-able walking...
You have the walking boots, the motivation and possibly a friendly dog looking at you with those ‘take me for a big walk’ eyes and it’s midweek. You look out the window and think: “What I really want to do is go walking for a few days in the Lake District.”
The challenge though is that unless you have similar mates who also happen to have some days off midweek, you’re facing a solo hike in the hills.
Well we have the answer my friend: our guided midweek day walks in the Lakes.
Having introduced the midweekers last winter, they’ve proved so popular that we’re now running them year-round.
Over three consecutive days you can join our guide and a small group of fellow walkers for moderate hikes into the fells to summit peaks such as Blencathra, or follow gentler terrain along the beautiful shores of lakes such as Derwentwater.
COVID 19 - Amends
Due to the current Covid pandemic this trip will be limited in numbers based on the current government guidelines. Please note we are also unable to offer the collection from Keswick or Ambleside. You will need to drive yourself to the start location each day, either by following us in convoy or meeting us directly at the start location for each day walk.
Lakes Day Walk Package Dates:
Monday 3rd – Wednesday 5th August 2020 – Based from Keswick
Friday 14th – Sunday 16th August – Ambleside
Saturday 29th – Monday 31st August – August Bank Holiday – Keswick
Monday 7th – Wednesday 9th September 2020 – Based from Ambleside
Monday 26th – Wednesday 28th October 2020 – Based from Ambleside
You must book this package online via the Large Outdoors website here: