What we're about
Ever suddenly realize that the weekend is almost upon you and you have a few free days, but can't find someone with an open schedule to accompany you on that killer hike you've been wanting to do for months? Or have you tried to organize a trip through another backpacking meetup and found that it's a mess of coordinating schedules? Here's the place to post your idea, no matter how short the notice.
We are a collection of backpackers from absolute beginner up to hard-core mountaineering folks all looking to share some new adventures with new friends. We will have regular events hosted by our organizers but we also welcome the community to post their own trips to see who else might be interested in joining.
A couple of things about being part of our group:
1. Safety! Know your abilities and your limits. If you find yourself over year skills, be vocal and let others know.
2. Respect nature! Practice good stewardship and leave it cleaner than you found it.
3. Respect Others! Be mindful of how your decisions can impact them, especially when it comes to safety!
4. Be patient! If you like to grind out the miles be patient if your group isn't quite up to your level.
5. Be generous! Some trips will be free, others will be paid, it is all dependent on what the organizer decides. Even if a trip is free, offer to help with gas for the car pool or bring a dessert to share on the trail.