• Registration, food, networking
• John Le Drew, The product owner is an agile anti-pattern
• Lightning Talks - (slots available)
• Tear down - please help us to clear up at the end
NOTE: RSVP opens 7 days before the event.
While business knowledge and domain expertise is useful and essential, is this only achievable with a 'single wringable neck'? What would happen if the whole team could be encouraged to take ownership of product direction?
This session looks at how we have often created dysfunctional relationships with our product owners through both the way we collaborate (or don't) with them and the language we use to talk about the role itself.
We will discuss questions like:
• is having a product owner an anti-pattern?
• why do we discourage 'hero' developers but encourage 'hero' product owners?
• do product owners make it hard to have a sustainable pace?
• can the whole team engage in product ownership?
• what can you do to support your PO?
• about the role of the product owner in an agile team
• about the dangers of language like 'one wringable neck'
• how teams can support their product owner and share the role
• how to make the role of product owner collaborative
About the speaker
John has spent most of the last 2 decades working in the software industry, with a focus on web technologies. After 10 years as a software engineer John moved into consultancy where he quickly learned the value of team dynamics and how most technical challenges are projecting underlying issues with collaboration. So his focus shifted, while still being very involved technically, his first focus is on facilitating a safe, creative, collaborative environment.
Doors open at 6.30pm with the talk starting promptly at 7pm.
Please check out our awesome sponsors:
• Delta Financial Systems - Pensions & retirement admin tech for the financial services industry. (http://www.deltafs.co.uk/)
• Ian Carroll - Lean & Agile blog (http://www.iancarroll.com/)
• Solutioneers - Agile Training & Coaching (http://www.solutioneers.co.uk/)
• Xpertise Recruitment - Experts in recruiting digital and IT talent (http://www.xpertise-recruitment.com/)