In this Meetup we will drill down into specific issues that represent the challenges that startups face when hiring online freelancers who are programmers, designers or online marketing campaign managers.
We will cover the following topics:
- How can "Non- Programmers" manage freelancers who are programmers?
- Prices of online freelance and what's the correlation between price and quality
- How to select an online freelancer
- How to protect the startup's IP when working with online freelancers
- How to break up the work into effective "chunks"
- How to make sure that the code can be handed over to another developer for later additional work?
- How to make sure that I pay only for a "bug free" delivery?
17:30 - 17:40 Registration and welcome
17:40 - 18:10 Startup Challenges related to "The Human Cloud" by Shoham Eckhaus
18:10 - 18:45 The "Dos and Don'ts" of hiring online by Mickey Zelansky, CEO of simpleidea.us
18:45 -19:00 "Cloud CTO" by Alex Gill CloudCTO
19:00 - 19:30 Q&A on practical aspects of the "Human Cloud" - questions from the audience will be answered by Mickey Zelansky, Alex Gill and Shoham Eckhaus.
19:30 - end of main session.
Post Meetup bonus session:
19:30 - 20:00 "Hands on" tutorial on how to hire on Elance. Participants are invited to bring laptops/tablets and go through a guided process of getting started.