One of the major keys to startup success is achieving real focus and having the discipline to maintain it. This meetup will focus on how to find, follow and use your specific "One Metric That Matters" for your business.
In this meetup you'll learn:
• What are the metrics that matter for each startup?
• How are they different depending on stage?
• How are these metrics measured?
Four reasons you should use the One Metric That Matters:
1) It answers the most important question you have.
2) It forces you to draw a line in the sand.
3) It focuses the entire company.
4) It inspires a culture of experimentation.
RSVPs are open!
Our Speakers Include:
Melanie Spring, Chief Inspiration Officer of Sisarina, will discuss:
- How do customers talk about you when you're not in the room?
- Why building Sisarina's fanbase is the one metric she tracks closest.
- How "the worst thing possible" with one client turned out to be "the best thing possible."
Bio: As the Chief Inspiration Officer of Sisarina, a DC-based brand strategy company, Melanie built her business with a strong content marketing strategy. With an innate sense for social media, connecting with her customers, and building a culture around Sisarina's quirky brand, Melanie teaches businesses and non-profits how to rock their brand. She toured the US on the Live Your Brand Tour collecting stories from businesses living their brand, which is now published in Entrepreneur Magazine.
Nic DiPalma, Founder of Nic DiPalma Creative, will talk about his one metric that matters: referrals. His Lean-centric company is built on the philosophy that creating real value by making a difference for clients is critical for new business.
Topics of his talk will include:
- How his work is built on compassion, trust, authenticity, and transparency
- How 75% of his proposals become contracts
- Why building referrals means not spending a dime on outbound marketing
Bio: Nic is an independent creative director, designer and speaker with over 15 years of experience in team development, UX/UI design, content strategy, motion graphics, video production, and brand management. Nic has built high-performance groups for start-ups, global brands, non-profit associations, and government agencies by promoting lean and agile design thinking principles, encouraging collaboration across every level, and inspiring a creative culture for breakthrough ideas.
Joel Holland, CEO of VideoBlocks will discuss:
- Building his company from the ground up
- How their perceptions of the online video market has changed and grown over time
- What those changes mean for tracking success
Bio: Joel is the founder and CEO of Video Blocks, a company that distributes over 1,000,000 clips of royalty free stock video and audio each month to over 100,000 customers in the television and video production industry, from NBC to hobbyists and enthusiasts. In 2012, Video Blocks was named the #4 fastest growing media company by Inc. Magazine, and made the honorable Inc. 500 list. For his work with Video Blocks, Joel has been named one of the "Top 25 Entrepreneurs Under 25" by BusinessWeek Magazine, “30 Under 30” by Inc. Magazine, and "Young Entrepreneur of the Year" by the United States Small Business Administration. Joel graduated Magna Cum Laude in 2008 from Babson College, a school ranked #1 for Entrepreneurship by US News and World Report.
Stephen Levin, Director of Analytics at Speek
Topics of his talk will include:
- How Speek's customers have changed over time
- How, as a result, the one metric that matters has changed for them over time - and why that's ok
Bio: Stephen is Director of Analytics at Speek. He helps Speek complete the data loop of its Lean Methodology by ensuring the company makes smart, data-driven decisions in product development, marketing, business development and more. He developed his passion for data while analyzing aviation safety and flight metrics for MITRE and the FAA. Stephen has a BA in Mathematics from the University of Virginia (UVA) and an MS in Commerce from UVA’s McIntire School of Commerce.
Big thanks to our sponsors:
Collaborate: The Innovator's Conference - Join the nation's leading innovators on January 23 and 24, 2015, for two days of engaging conversation and hands-on learning. Learn more and get your pass today at collaborate.fosterly.com.
SourcePad - We build ideas. Since 2008, we've helped 100 startups, small businesses, and venture backed companies turn their ideas into Web sites and mobile apps. Contact us today at [masked] or visit us at www.sourcepad.com
New Facebook Group:
Call for Speakers: