An Introduction to the Go Programming Language!
Invented at Google, Go is an open source programming language that makes it easy to build simple, reliable, and efficient software.
- A laptop preferably with some flavor of Unix
- Familiarity with the command line
- An installed editor (Visual Studio Code is recommended. It's free and good. https://code.visualstudio.com/)
- An installation of Git (https://git-scm.com/)
What to Bring:
- Your laptop
- Charge cord
- A desire to learn
Things to Accomplish:
- Install and Setup Go
- Gain a basic understanding of the language and what makes it a compelling choice
- Build a command line guessing game
- Convert the guessing game to a web-based JSON API
Eno Compton is a Developer Advocate at Google, and daily works with his favorite language -- Go! He has a background in classical Chinese and Japanese, but has for the past five years worked as a software engineer building single page apps, mobile clients, and backend systems in half a dozen different languages.
Please Register via Eventbrite here: