Come discover deep learning and meet like-minded individuals. Deep learning is a fast growing branch of machine learning that has lead to amazing breakthroughs in image recognition, natural language processing, playing go and medical diagnostics (https://www.techemergence.com/deep-learning-applications-in-medical-imaging/) among many other applications. We'll be following Fast.ai (http://course.fast.ai), which is a practical course designed with coders in mind.
We'll be starting with the first introduction lesson for this meet up. Please follow the lesson in your own time beforehand. It's okay if you don't understand everything, we will have a course review, followed by a Q&A session and a coding session to help out.
The course is designed for complete beginners to deep learning, although some programming knowledge and in particular, knowledge of python is useful.
Please review lesson six before the meet up: http://course.fast.ai/lessons/lesson6.html
6:00pm: Doors open, feel free to mingle
6:30pm: Lesson 1 review
7:00pm: Q&A session
7:15pm: Coding breakout session (please bring laptop if you would like to participate)
IMPORTANT: Please bring one piece of government issued photo ID as this will be used for check-in purposes.
Address: Boeing Vancouver Labs, 1146 Homer St., Vancouver
If you are planning on driving to the meetup, there are a number of street parking options or public pay lots nearby:
1. Impark Aquarius Parkade #189 Davie Street
2. Impark Richards Living reserved lot 1088 Richards Street
3. Metro Parking 1008 Cambie Street
4. Easy Park 1180 Mainland Street
5. Easy Park 201 Alvin Narod Mews
6. Easy Park 1067 Seymour Street
7. Advanced Parking 910 Mainland Street
If you are taking transit:
1. The Yaletown-Roundhouse station on the Canada Line is a three minute walk away
2. You can also take the C23 Community Shuttle that runs between Denman Street and Mainstreet-ScienceWorld station, and jump off at Davie at Mainland Street travelling west, or Davie at Richards Street travelling east.
3. The C21 shuttle which starts its route at Morton at Denman Street and will drop you off at Yaletown-Roundhouse station.