Leigh Hackspace is an inclusive and vibrant community of geeks, nerds, makers, artists, creative types, and experimenters, based in Leigh, Lancashire, UK.
Leigh Hackspace is at Unit F1, The Cotton Mill, Mather Lane, Leigh, Lancashire, WN7 2PW, where we meet to make things, discuss makes, teach & learn from each other and generally have a great time. Together we've created a social making scene in Leigh. We are a non-profit and all our membership subscriptions go towards buying better equipment for our members.
We have active groups within the Hackspace community for a range of activities including:
• Sewing, Knitting, and other textiles
• Video, Film, Digital and Analogue Photography & Darkroom.
• Digital Electronics and Analogue Electronics, ranging from Arduino to simple soldering to valve guitar amplifiers.
• Electronic music and synthesizers
• Coding, Computer Software and Hardware, including Raspberry Pi, Ruby, Rails, PHP, Java, Windows, Android, iOS, OSX and Linux.
• Poetry and writing, traditional arts
• Woodwork including lathework, guitar making and repair, hand carving
• Knots and decorative knotwork, basketry and other traditional crafts.