addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Leighton Buzzard Book Club and other social events Message Board › Name change and subscription fees

Name change and subscription fees

Jonathan
user 6764317
Group Organizer
Leighton Buzzard, GB
Dear Members
I would like to inform you of a couple of changes that I am making to the group.
Firstly I have changed the name slightly so that it is now called the Leighton Buzzard Book Club and Other Social Events. This is to reflect the fact that we occasionally organize other events such as trips to the cinema and drinks in the pub. Myself and one or two other group members are thinking of trying to organize extra events on a more regular basis although as we are a small group (most of the 122 members who have signed up to this group don't come to any meetings) we probably won't be organising extra events every week.
Also I have decided to charge an annual subscription fee of £2. In order to advertise the Book Club on Meetup.com it costs $15 a month, which is currently £8.90 in sterling. Between August 2009 and October 2012 I paid this cost myself. In October 2012 I started asking members to pay me £1 every time they came to a meeting but sometimes people would forget and I didn't feel like passing round a hat. So I'm now going to try charging a single annual subscription fee of £2 instead.
I would be grateful if people could pay me by August 31 and you can do it by Paypal (my email address is dews.jonathan@gmail.com) or in person at a meeting soon. If you don't wish to pay the fee you will have until the end of August to be listed as a member but obviously after this date I will have to remove your name from the members' list.
Hope you are having a good summer
Best wishes
Jonathan