This 7-mile loop takes us along Wildcat creek and up to San Pablo Ridge. We will have lunch at an old Nike missle site with great views of the bay and rolling hills. To get this view, we will climb 1200’ to 1700’ (estimates vary). Much of the trail is exposed, so a windbreaker and sunblock is recommended.
Getting there, from I-80 East (North) in Richmond:
• Take Amado/Solano exit, drive three blocks on Amador (parallel to the freeway)
• Right on McBryde Avenue, drive 0.3 miles
• Bear Right when road forks onto Park Ave, drive 0.2 miles
• Bear left at next fork onto Wildcat Canyon Parkway
• Park in Alvarado Staging Area, on the left
From I-80 West (South), take McBryde Avenue exit and head east, then follow directions above.
Here’s a link to park map: http://www.ebparks.org/Assets/_Nav_Categories/Parks/Maps/Wildcat+map.pdf.pdf
Planned Route: Wildcat Creek > Havey Canyon > Nimitz Way > San Pablo Ridge > Belgum