Our next outing will be to Manhattan's Chinatown and the neighboring Civic Center, home to great shopping, eating, and lots of history. This area contains some classic Manhattan locations, such as 5 Points, Confucius Plaza, the African Burial Ground National Monument, and of course City Hall. However, we'll also check out some lesser-known gems, such as Manhattan's second oldest extant burial ground, an old Newspaper Row building that figures prominently in the controversial 1920 case of a local anarchist, and a government office complex that impressed Josef Stalin so much that Moscow University's main building was based on it!
The fee for this event is $5. You may pay in one of two ways:
- You can use Meetup's website to pay directly using a credit card. Meetup uses WePay to process payments. Just click the appropriate link on this page.
- You can also use PayPal. Just go to paypal.com and enter my e-mail address ([masked]) as the recipient. Make sure to include a message indicating your screen name as it appears on Meetup, since otherwise I might not know who the payment is for.
Here are a few other points:
- All fees must be paid in advance; you can not pay at the event.
- Please pay when you RSVP. A few days before the event, I will remove people who have not paid.
- If you have to cancel, make sure to do so at least 24 hours before the event's start. Refunds will be handled in accordance with this group's refund policy, which can be found at http://www.meetup.com/Lets-Explore-New-Yorks-Neighborhoods/pages/LENYN_Payment_and_Refund_Policy/.
I'll send out the details (including the meeting location and my phone number) according to the following schedule:
- If you pay by Tuesday, December 9, then you'll receive an e-mail with the details on that date.
- If you pay later that week, then you'll get the e-mail within 24 hours (but no later than midnight the night before the event).
You may be added to the attending list until 11:00 pm on December 12. No-one will be added after that time. If you are on the waitlist but can no longer attend, please change your RSVP status to "no."
If you are on the "attending" list and have paid but haven't gotten the e-mail by the specified time, then feel free to contact me directly. (Go to my Meetup profile page and click "send message.") Please do not ask for details on the discussion board. I check my e-mail regularly up to the morning of the event. Thanks!