addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Liferay UK User Group Message Board › Welcome to the London Liferay Meetup Group

Welcome to the London Liferay Meetup Group

Phil C.
user 8056947
London, GB
Hello and welcome!

Thanks for joining up to what I hope will prove to be a worthwhile venture for everyone involved, whatever their exposure to Liferay.

I'd like to get things going and arrange a preliminary meetup to get to know the group we have so far and find out where people's interests lie for future events. Unless anyone has any particular preference, I'd suggest a pub with a quiet area somewhere central.

Jorge Ferrer from the Liferay team in Spain will be over in London for a couple of days in late September, but it would be nice if we could do something before that.

Does anyone have any specific preferences for particular dates/times/locations? Let me know by Wednesday 10th and I can try to work around them, otherwise I'd like to suggest:

Wednesday 17th August from 7pm upstairs at the Yorkshire Grey 46 Langham Street, W1W 7AX (close to Warren Street, Oxford Circus, Great Portland Street and Goodge Street tubes)

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/91/916/Yorkshire_Grey/Fitzrovia­

If this is OK, then I'll set up a formal event for this tomorrow evening.

Best wishes,

Phil Coates.

Stian S.
user 22210411
Exeter, GB
Post #: 1
Hi Phil

I'm not sure if the meetup on the August 17th that you suggested, but just to let you know, I'll be in London on September 17th for an XQuery meetup (http://xquery.pbworks...­. It's in the evening. I would be available for a Liferay meetup earlier in the afternoon of the same day.

Regards,
Stian Sigvartsen
Phil C.
user 8056947
London, GB
Post #: 1
Hi Stian,

We haven't yet had a preliminary meetup; I was contacted by Marcin, Alliance Manager for Liferay UK, and he wants to have a chat about the group before we do anything. I'm not really sure this is necessary, as the group was never intended to have any sort of commercial relationship with Liferay itself.

I'll see what other people can do around the 17th - I know Jorge Ferrer is coming over on 20th September, and it would be good to do something when he's over. Otherwise, keep an eye open for things and let me know your general availability - I'm sure we can arrange something,

Cheers,

Phil.
Stian S.
user 22210411
Exeter, GB
Post #: 2
Hi Phil

Yes, there doesn't necessarily need to be a Liferay representative present, but it would be interesting if there were. I met with Olaf Kock in Sweden a few months ago and it was very interesting. Do you know how long Jorge is staying, and his availability for evening meet ups?

Cheers
Stian