addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Life Is An Adventure! Message Board › OBX Camping Trip: Camp Sites, Carpooling, and Itinerary

OBX Camping Trip: Camp Sites, Carpooling, and Itinerary

Christy
user 3579532
Durham, NC
Post #: 11
I'm getting very excited about this trip!

Here is the skinny on the camp site situation.
No more than two vehicles (pop-up camper is considered a vehicle) and six persons may occupy a single site. Parking space for extra vehicles is severely limited, so please plan accordingly. If you must bring more than two vehicles, we recommend you make arrangements to park your extra vehicle outside the park or purchase an additional campsite. All campgrounds have modern restrooms, potable water, unheated showers, grills and tables. NO utility connections are available. Soil at all the campgrounds is sandy; therefore, longer than normal tent stakes are recommended. There are no shade trees. Mosquitoes may be a problem, netting and insect repellent are recommended. The campgrounds are located on the ocean side separated from the beach by barrier dunes.Meghann and I will reserve the camp sites, but will not know the actual site number until we arrive. You will need to call my to find out that information or just stop into the office when you arrive at the campground. My number is 919-819-5264.

Carpooling
According to the responses from our RSVPs, here are the folks who are interested in carpooling. Feel free to coordinate your efforts here.
Eileen (ride)
Laura (either)
Max (either)

Sleeping/Tents
According to the responses, here are the folks who may have extra room or who may need a tent for the trip.
Christy (has room and/or possibly an extra tent)
Eileen (needs a tent)
Laura (has room for one)
Lori (has extra space)
Max (needs a tent)
Reem (needs a tent/potentially will purchase one)

Itinerary:
Friday Meghann and I will arrive around noon. Campsite set up and general laziness at the beach will ensue :)
6:00 pm: Leave the campground for dinner at South Beach Grille. This is optional

Saturday:
10:00 Hang gliders leave the campground with Christy (and/or meet Christy at Jockey's Ridge)
Bonfire at the beach at sundown on Saturday night. Bring your beach blankets, smores, and non-glass containers

Sunday:
Pack up, explore and adventure on your own.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
Christy
user 3579532
Durham, NC
Post #: 12
http://www.tripadviso...­

This site has great ideas for OBX activities!