For anyone (age 20s-30s) with a passion for reading, socializing, drinking and exploring NYC.
We don't read any specific genres here! Every month we have two meetings: a short story meeting and a novel meeting. For the novel meeting, everyone submits suggestions and then we vote on the book. If you feel like coming to a meeting and having a deep yet also fun discussion but dont have much time to commit to reading a book, you can join in on the short story meeting!
As far as meet up locations we like to mix it up! For example we might go for a day drinking adventure at a beer garden, a night time escapade at a speak-easy, or even a relaxing evening sippin' on cocktails in the park!
I hope this book club will bring together some cool people for some interesting and fun discussions. For more info including a group blog about past meetings, check out the book club website (http://literarycocktailers.wix.com/nycbookclub)!
Please do not bother joining if you:
1. Are not between the ages of 20-39. There are plenty of options on meetup.com. One of the goals of this group is to enable people to make new friends and/or meet singles in a similar age range.
2. RSVP and then no-show. This makes it difficult as an organizer to make reservations etc.
3. Drink and ditch. Do I have to say that its rude to leave without paying your bill?
4. Plan to come to meetings without finishing the book. This is a book club that doesn’t require your attendance at every meeting. So if you didn’t finish it, that’s cool but just don’t come. (and change your RSVP accordingly to abide by rule 2.)
5. Don't plan on coming to any meetings. Although we dont require your attendance at every meeting, we'd like our members to be active. So if you have not attended a meeting in 6 months after joining you will be removed from the group.
6. Want to get wasted. Yes, we are a book club that meets at bars and drinks. But try not to be a complete idiot.
PS: Please use a photo of your face for your member profile. makes the group less creepy! (and i prob won't approve you if you dont)