Welcome to Literary South Bay, a women's book club for 20s, 30s, and 40s!
A little bit about us: This is a book club for young women of the South Bay who are in their 20s, 30s, and 40s. Whether you are new to the area or a local, this club is a place to expand your network of friends and readers. Literary South Bay meets once a month on weekends at local coffee shops (usually Sunday afternoons), connecting like-minded readers. Come ready to discuss the book in depth and share your thoughts. Sometimes we attend author events or book festivals, so take a look at our upcoming meetups to see what's planned. We are an inclusive club and aim to create a safe environment for all to feel welcome. Our meetups are affordable and casual in style. Thanks for your support and interest!
What do we read? Literary South Bay reads diversely and across genres. (i.e., literary fiction, classics, nonfiction, translated works, short stories, etc.) We often read recent releases, but our aim is to read whatever interests us each month. Please join our community of young South Bay readers if you want to challenge yourself and engage in some intellectual (and fun!) discussion.
Our recent titles include: Educated, Call Me By Your Name, and Little Fires Everywhere.
* * *
*Note to authors or publicists: Please know that we do not accept solicitations. While we wish you the best of luck with your book or event, we prefer to select our own literature.
* * *
TO JOIN, you must:
• Sign up using your real first name
• Have a recent profile picture that clearly shows you
• Thoughtfully answer each of the introductory questions
• Please note that due to the cost of meetup, this group will not exceed 50 members. Members may be removed from the group if they have not visited the site. We reserve the right to decline members who do not follow our guidelines above or do not seem like a good fit for our group.
* * *
• 3 Strikes Policy: 3 No-Shows will result in being removed from the group. Please be considerate and change your RSVP as soon as your plans change. It really makes it easier to organize great events!