We are looking at a 3 day weekend trip to Pictured Rocks in the Upper Peninsula. I will look into a reasonably priced hotel/motel (nothing fancy) and post the information. You will be responsible for booking your own room. The boat cruise we may have to book in advance (I'll check into that). Carpooling will be a good option. We have possibly two drivers at this time. You will have to contact me to find a driver or if you can drive. People will be helping out with gas costs. Serious inquries only please. Only sign up if you really want to go.
The plan is roughly: (more details soon to people that sign up)
- Friday 7am - we'd leave Livonia
- Friday 8am - meet up in Warren to get Bob (he's one of our drivers)
- Friday - 2:30pm - arrive Munising where we will stay
- Friday - 3pm - go to motel (TBD) and check in, drop stuff off
- Friday late afternoon - go on Pictured Rocks boat cruise to see the rocks from the water
- Friday evening in Munising
- Saturday 9am - walk at nearby Pictured Rocks State Park (there are hiking trails there). We'd probably take food with us to eat in the park. I will get all the details on trails and park facilities.
- Saturday evening - in Munising
- Sunday after an early breakfast, pack up and head out to Tahquamenon Falls State Park (sort of on the way home)
- spend a few hours there walking the 4 mile walk between the falls
- Sunday around noon, head back to Detroit