addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

London Atheist Activist Group (informal community) Message Board 1. MAIN FORUM - (non-Islam) › Turkey teargasses pro-secular rally. Turkey is a secular state!

Turkey teargasses pro-secular rally. Turkey is a secular state!

Adrian
KingHell
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 300
Barry R.
user 10723166
London, GB
Post #: 432
Turkey wants to join the EU, doesn't it?

That'll be fun.
Adrian
KingHell
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 301
I don't think that'll be happening any time soon! If for no other reason than France won't let them.
Martyn
Maradam
Guildford, GB
Post #: 327
News: Turkey Moves to Implement New European Legislation Prior to Joining

Earlier today representatives from the Turkish government have announced their intention to apply the new EU Deity Conformity Standards to their latest revised teachings of Islam. Under European Law these standards allow anyone in a European State to believe in any Deity which measures up to the strict European moral, ethical and fashion codes. Indeed DDWCs (Designated Deity Worship Centres - or WCs for short) are subsidised under EU Tax Law. All EU politicians have to conform to the strict legislation which requires them to regularly attend WCs for religious holidays in such places as Monte Carlo, Mykonos and Menorca.

Turkish ministers are confident that their recently revised version of their deity (Allah version 3.1.2) and the associated users' intruction manual, The Koran (Koran version 23.275/J) will comply to the new EU standards.

However European Minister for European Religious and Ethical Affairs, Herr Meingotdeturksarkomin, expressed doubt saying that "Zey still vant to chop off ze hanz fur stealing, und zis iz not zo gut for ze European Ministers mit der hanz in der tills."
frances j.
user 25760842
London, GB
Post #: 8
Sorry, without wishing to trivialise repression by the state, I was bit disappointed when I followed the thread headline to find it was about the country of Turkey, and not that a turkey (voting for Christmas?) had managed to set off teargas at a rally.
Georgi L.
Guffaw
London, GB
Post #: 830
Sorry, without wishing to trivialise repression by the state, I was bit disappointed when I followed the thread headline to find it was about the country of Turkey, and not that a turkey (voting for Christmas?) had managed to set off teargas at a rally.

ROFL ROFL! ... And the award for the best surreal vision goes to Frances!
Martyn
Maradam
Guildford, GB
Post #: 332
smile I guess someone was hungry and thinking of Christmas.