addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

London Atheist Activist Group (informal community) Message Board 1. MAIN FORUM - (non-Islam) › The science on why we don't believe science

The science on why we don't believe science

Georgi L.
Guffaw
London, GB
Post #: 1,901
Daniel
user 85062902
London, GB
Post #: 24
Hi G

This article reminded me of Michael Shermers book the believing brain. Worth a read if you have not already done so.

Slightly off subject but the Autism bit made me think of this. Several months ago I attended a talk at Conway hall by Rob Brotherton entitled beware of the vaccine. Rob writes for the skeptic and I believe carries out research on conspiracy theory, theory. There is a huge percentage of people out there who choose not to believe evidence as well as science. Interesting reading for any arm chair skeptic.

http://conspiracypsyc...­
Brian
roy23
London, GB
Post #: 99
Hi Georgi
Good article I like this quote..............I think the SC experience has taught all of us this..........."If you want someone to accept new evidence, make sure to present it to them in a context that doesn't trigger a defensive, emotional reaction."

However I do not "like" to see the words "we do not believe in science" as it is obvious that the vast majority of the human race do believe in science ...............there are not many mobile phone deniers and "most people" accept the advice given to them in hospital when it is recommended by the doctor.