CodeNode, 10 South Place, London, EC2M 2RB, GB , London
Please note: we are at SkillsMatter for December for the HackTheTower Clojure Workshop, so please sign up at SkillsMatter event to attend
Apologies for the additional sign-up process but it does mean we get a bigger space and maybe slightly better food :)
Our event is running at the same time and location as the Scala Hack day at SkillsMatter, so its just like any other HackTheTower event but at SkillsMatter.
As part of the @HackTheTower hackday in London, I run a Clojure workshop aimed at relative beginners and those looking to practice their Clojure skills.
hackthetower.co.uk is a hack day for any and all developers to come and collaborate on projects or discover new technologies together and enhance their skills. Bring your laptop and your desire to try things out & have fun!
The workshop format is not always planned in advance and suggestions about topics we should cover are always appreciated. Please leave your ideas as comments or send tweets to @jr0cket
Also if you would like to volunteer to lead a workshop, please let me know in the comments.
Setup / Requirements for the Clojure Workshop
The minimal requirements are
* Java JRE or SDK version 8 or greater (version 7 should work)
* Leiningen.org build automation tool for creating projects and running the Clojure environment
* A Clojure aware editor such as LightTable, Spacemacs, Emacs + Cider, Cursive, Atom + Protorepl
See my Clojure development environments guide for help
You can get into the offices from 10 am onwards and have some breakfast and coffee, relax and take in the stunning view from the 26th & 27th floor of the Salesforce Tower (formerly known as the Heron tower).
* 10am - Breakfast / coffee / tea / waking up
* 10.30am - Get together and discuss application ideas & things you want to try out.
* 10.45am - Split into groups and get going
* 1pm - Lunch time (sandwiches, fruit and drinks provided, requests taken)
* 1.30pm onwards - Keep on hacking until you have had enough
Please include a first and last name when prompted to (if its not already on your meetup profile) so we can register you with building security, otherwise you may have to wait in reception for a long time.
Food & drink will be provided, thanks to our hosts
Please consider tweeting your appreciation and include either @HackTheTower @SalesforceDevs @Heroku or your host @jr0cket