addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

The London Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group Message Board › 'Menace of the Icy Spire' - 2-session Forgotten Realms 4e D&D adventure,

'Menace of the Icy Spire' - 2-session Forgotten Realms 4e D&D adventure, level 2 - at The Ship from 6.15pm-ca 10pm, Sunday 14th & Sunday 21st August (full 6/6))

Simon N.
Simon_Newman
London, GB
Post #: 1,502
Over the last several weeks,
temperatures in the Gray Vale have been dropping
to levels that would not normally occur until after
Highharvesttide. Things have not become too dangerous
for travelers yet, but to all indications, winter is
coming several months early. If that occurs, the crops
will freeze and die before they are ready to be harvested,
putting the entire area’s food supply at risk.
Some local woodsfolk report that the cold temperatures appear to be more pronounced
in the area of the Dire Wood. Rumors even
tell of blizzards in broad daylight! Some claim it is the
work of evil faeries, but the town’s leaders believe that
a more likely source of the problem is Draigdurroch
Tower. No one has seen or heard from the dwarf Warlock Draigdurroch
in 30 years, but the tower’s cursed history is well
known...

Hi all - I am seeking players for a planned 2-session adventure, 'Menace of the Icy Spire' from Dungeon 159, which will run at The Ship from 6.15pm-ca 10pm, Sunday 14th & Sunday 21st August.

The adventure is set in the Forgotten Realms north of the small town of Loudwater, menaced by preternatural winter. PCs are 2nd level, with Inherent Bonuses (so +1 to hit & damage) and 100gp starting gear. The following pregens will be provided:

Tawni Kytra, female Tiefling Rogue
Mirus, male Human Bard
Bjorn Karrson, male Human Fighter
Aelar, male Elf Barbarian
Valath son of Tharoth, male Dwarf Warlock

Or you can bring your own PC. Allowed sources are PHB 1, PHB 2, Essentials, and the Forgotten Realms Players' Guide.

Let me know if interested, thanks!
Simon N.
Simon_Newman
London, GB
Post #: 1,521
*bump* - Just a reminder this 2-shot adventure is open to anyone, and has free spaces, thanks.
stuart
Cildan
Epsom, GB
Post #: 214
I would be interested in this, depending on what happens to Nentier Vale.

Stuart
Simon N.
Simon_Newman
London, GB
Post #: 1,537
I would be interested in this, depending on what happens to Nentier Vale.

Stuart

Hi Stuart - you're welcome to play; it now looks like I'll be running Icy Spire on the 14th (after War of the Burning Sky), then (edit) after Nentir Vale on the 21st.
Simon N.
Simon_Newman
London, GB
Post #: 1,549
Current (edited) player list:

Al
James
Craig
Stuart
Alex
Catherine?

I'll be running this game on the Sundays, separately from my regular Monday Loudwater campaign.
Simon N.
Simon_Newman
London, GB
Post #: 1,554
Character Creation

Permitted materials are: The 4e D&D Player's Handbook, Player's Handbook 2, the two Essentials Players' Books, and the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide. You can have a FR Background or one of the generic Background benefits from the PHB2. You can bring a PC, or use one of 5 pre-gens above.

PC Starting Level: 2
Starting Wealth: 100gp

Inherent Bonuses

PCs do not start with any magic items. I'm using the DMG2 Inherent Bonuses system. This means that PCs get the following 'quasi magic' inherent attack bonus, which does not stack with any magic item bonuses you might get.

Level 2: +1 to all Attacks. Counts as Magic for crits (1d6+Max damage)
Alekto
Alekto
London, GB
Post #: 347
Current player list:

Al
James
Craig
Stuart
+Francis
+Judith
+Alex

So looks like a full house! So I'll be running this game on the Sundays, separately from my regular Monday Loudwater campaign.

Al & James, you should probably bring along new 2nd level PCs for this game.

Hi Simon,

As this is scheduled for sunday evening, I won't be around as I've got the early shift on monday.

Judith
Simon N.
Simon_Newman
London, GB
Post #: 1,557
Current player list:

Al
James
Craig
Stuart
+Francis
+Judith
+Alex

So looks like a full house! So I'll be running this game on the Sundays, separately from my regular Monday Loudwater campaign.

Hi Simon,

As this is scheduled for sunday evening, I won't be around as I've got the early shift on monday.

Judith

Thanks Judith, makes 6/6 then.
Al
my_user_id
London, GB
Post #: 101

No Dolf? :( Will go a swordmage (defender) if that's the case.
Simon N.
Simon_Newman
London, GB
Post #: 1,558

No Dolf? :( Will go a swordmage (defender) if that's the case.

You could play Dolf on 14th & 21st (Icy Spire) but then you wouldn't be able to play him on the 15th (regular Loudwater) due to timeline issues.