We are a very friendly, informal & relaxed gathering of both dog owning and non dog owning lesbians and queer women. We walk together with our dogs in parks in & around London, typically for about an hour or so, although some outings may be longer. The pace is chilled & easy going, as is the atmosphere! It's a lovely opportunity to socialise with friendly faces & paws and make new 2 & 4 legged friends. All events are dog friendly!
After walking (or during an outing) we generally have a coffee, drink or lunch .
Many of the walks are kept short (about an hour) to help accommodate puppies and older dogs.
Some outings incorporate some different activities -eg a day out in Brighton.
Due to covering Meet-up's annual running costs there is a small annual fee of £5 / person. All monies exceeding this will be saved for a yearly event of the groups choice.
Please PM me to arrange payment, thank you.
Walk suggestions & volunteers to lead walks are encouraged! The venue just needs to have good access to public transport and preferably have a cafe/pub nearby where we can go with dogs.
The small print
• This is predominantly a lesbian and queer women's dog walking group. All members of the trans community are warmly welcome
• We like to keep the walks small and friendly. For this reason if you've put your name down for a walk and can't make it please remember to change your RSVP to 'no' so that someone else can take your place
• We will generally wait at the meeting point for about 10 - 15 min before heading off but if you can't see us at the meeting point put a message on the site to let us know
• Both you and your dog are 100% your own responsibility on all walks
• You don't have to have a dog to join this group you just have to love them! There are many members of our group who don't have a pooch but come along for the social and to get some doggy love
• Dogs are the responsibility of their owners, who should be confident that their dogs will be non aggressive walking in a group with other dogs
• Do always check on the day that a walk is running. If the weather is very bad there may be last minute cancelations or changes to the planned walk
• Please be aware - There is always a risk of injury when participating in any outdoor activity so please be sensible and responsible. Always be prepared for adverse weather by bringing a waterproof jacket, warm clothes, and high energy snacks in cold weather and protection from the sun and heat in summer. Please wear sturdy foot ware. By RSVPing to a walk, you accept responsibility for your own safety, and agree that the Organisers and walk leader can be in no way held responsible for any injury incurred to yourself, your guests, or your or their dogs, in the course of the outing