What we're about
Upcoming events (2)
Are you looking to distribute your next film?
TICKETS & INFO:
This full-day event will be packed with seminars, talks, panel discussions and networking. The speakers will include successful film producers, distributors, sales agents and marketing consultants all giving their unique perspective on how to navigate and be successful in the world of film distribution. You can expect to leave the event with a huge amount of insight into how the industry works, what different paths you can take and which strategy might be best suited for your particular project.
Below you can find a more detailed description of some of the sessions. The full programme and speaker line-up will be released soon.
Seminar: The Path to Film Sales Marketing and Distribution
This hyper-focused seminar will outline everything you need to know to get started on your journey of successfully distributing your film. If you're wondering how to meet sales agents, how distribution deals are made or how an indie film becomes a hit then this seminar will break it all down in an easy to follow presentation. The session you will learn:
- The many paths to a successful film distribution
- How to create a marketing and distribution plan that sales agents will take seriously
- How to make the most from film festivals and film markets
- Learn how to find and approach sales agents
- Find out how distribution deals are made and how to avoid costly mistakes
- How much money can you expect to make?
Learn from a series of producers who will explain their journeys to successfully distributing their films. These information-packed talks will provide insights and inspiration into the many different paths you can take to successfully distributing your film.
Working with Distributors: The Benefits and Pitfalls
In this talk, Michael Pentney will discuss how he distributed Once More for Bobby (2014) which was first released on Sky and later on Amazon. Michael will discuss his journey of acquiring and working with a distributor, providing valuable insight into how the distribution industry works and what to look out for.
Routes to Successful Releases: From Traditional Theatrical to Drive-in Premieres
In this talk, Dean Fischer will discuss how he acquired a theatrical release for The Bromley Boys (2018) as well as how he negotiated a wider multi-territory release through a variety of distributors. The talk will provide practical advice for working with multiple distributors around the world.
Dean will also discuss the unique distribution of Break (2020) which became the first UK move to premiere via drive-in. He’ll portray the importance of creating a media buzz around your film to maximise the film’s exposure when working with a limited marketing budget.
We will have a diverse panel of distributors, sales agents, producers who will be leading in-depth discussions on the following topics:
The Future of Streaming Platforms
With more and more competition as well as streaming platforms continuously cutting rates per hour streamed or even closing their doors completely to indie filmmakers is online distribution still a viable option for filmmakers?
The Effect of Short-Form Video Content Platforms on Film Distribution
How have short-form video content platforms changed the landscape of sales and distribution and audience behaviour? What challenges and opportunities did these platforms bring to filmmakers?
If you're looking for your next job in the Film & TV industry then come along to the London Film & TV Job Fair.
TICKETS & INFO:
There will be a range of 50+ stands including:
- Production Companies looking to hire
- Individual feature and short film productions looking to hire
- Film & TV Recruitment Companies
- Casting & Extras Agents
- Runner & Crew Agencies
- Further resources for finding work in the Film & TV industry
On the day you will be able to:
- Talk to employers, recruiters and agents face to face
- Have mini interviews on the spot and make an amazing first impression with your personality instead of relying solely on written CV
- Discover the range of options there are when looking for work in the Film & TV industry in London
- Network with hundreds of filmmakers and building lasting relationships that will help you build your career
- Have a professional take a look at your CV and give you tips on how to improve
In just a few hours you could walk out with a wide range of industry contacts to help grow your career, a better CV, knowledge of where to find work, potential interviews lined up, or even a job.
TICKETS & INFO: