This event, organised by FutureSelf with support from London Futurists, provides an opportunity to hear the views and ask questions of New York Times bestselling author Steven Kotler (who will be taking part via Skype).
To attend this event, you need to register in advance via this EventBrite page: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/an-evening-with-best-selling-author-steven-kotler-via-hangoutskype-tickets-17974244449 . Attendance is free, but tickets are limited due to venue constraints.
About Steven Kotler:
Steven Kotler is a New York Times bestselling author, an award-winning journalist and the co-founder/director of research for the Flow Genome Project (http://flowgenomeproject.co/). He is one of the world’s leading experts on ultimate human performance.
Steven's recent book "Tomorrowland: Our Journey from Science Fiction to Science Fact" (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tomorrowland-Journey-Science-Fiction-Fact/dp/1477827943/) has been described as follows:
• “An insightful overview of the many ways technology has caught, if not surpassed, our wildest dreams—and it shows no signs of stopping.” —Kirkus Reviews
• “It’s difficult to think of a writer more invigorating and tuned-in than Kotler. Tomorrowland is like taking a shot of caffeine. It allows you to see into the future and to realize that you’re already there.” —David Eagleman, New York Times bestselling author ofIncognito
• “Steven Kotler finds the bubbling edge where techno-exuberance hauls the impossible into the realm of the real. A thrilling and important read!” —Howard Bloom, author of The Lucifer Principle and Global Brain
• “Kotler is a generous and wise tour guide...He’s a gifted journalist, and his enthusiasm for his subjects is infectious.” —Re/Code.
(Note: the film with the same name was not based on this book.)
Some of the subjects covered in Tomorrowland include
• The journey from science fiction to science fact
• Mind uploading
• Artificial vision implants
• Flying cars
• The first genetically engineered creature
• Life extension
• Asteroid mining.
Other books that Steven Kotler has authored (or co-authored with Peter Diamandis) include:
• Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World
• Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think
• The Rise of Superman: Decoding the Science of Ultimate Human Performance.
6.00 - 6.30 - Registration & Networking
6.30 - 7.30 - Scene-setting discussion featuring Angel Milev of FutureSelf and David Wood of London Futurists: What are the most important questions about "tomorrow"? Comments and questions from audience members will be welcome.
7.30 - 8.30 - Steven Kotler (via Skype): Introduction + Q&A. This is your chance to hear Steven talk about the above themes, and to ask him any questions that are on your mind.
Attendees need to obtain a ticket in advance via this EventBrite page (https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/an-evening-with-best-selling-author-steven-kotler-via-hangoutskype-tickets-17974244449).