The Transhumanist Party (https://transhumanistparty.wordpress.com/) has been a registered political party in the UK since June 2015. It is holding its inaugural Party Day in London on Sunday 4th October.
This event includes presentations by the party founders outlining their vision and plans for the future, a panel discussion featuring guest speakers, discussion sessions, and an AGM session in which party members can vote on the party’s official policies.
This meetup is organised by the Transhumanist Party with the support of London Futurists.
To register to attend, please use this EventBrite site (http://www.eventbrite.com/e/transhumanist-party-agm-tickets-17547490015).
People who meet one of the following criteria can obtain a ticket free of charge:
• They are a full (paying) member of one of the national or international Transhumanist Party organisations
• They are a full (paying) member of a general transhumanist organisation (e.g. Humanity+)
• They are an accredited journalist.
Tickets for general attendance by people interested in transhumanism are also available (cost £10 each).
Everyone who plans to attend this event should register in advance, via EventBrite (http://www.eventbrite.com/e/transhumanist-party-agm-tickets-17547490015).
Note: To join the Transhumanist Party, visit this link (http://transpolitica.org/partners/transhumanist-party/).
10.00: Arrival and networking
10.30: Keynote talk, by Amon Twyman, party leader, featuring short presentations from founding party members
12.15: Break for lunch (not provided)
13.30: Guest panel discussion on "Communicating transhumanism", chaired by Luke Robert Mason (see below for more details of this panel)
14:30: Proposals, covering party policy recommendations, with discussions and voting (voting is restricted to party members)
16:00: Questions and Answers with National Executive members
16.30: Formal close of meeting
About the Transhumanist Party (UK):
The Transhumanist Party exists to support positive social change through the application of technology. It works with sympathetic Think Tanks and other partners to develop political influence and policy.
The party anticipates high levels of technological change over the coming decades, and believes that a vigorous and ethical voice is required to ensure that this change is harnessed in a positive manner. The Transhumanist Party will work to provide that voice by promoting rational and compassionate policy in an age of global disruption, bringing together like-minded organisations in effective alliance, and building an alternative governance platform.
You can find the party blog here (https://transhumanistparty.wordpress.com/).
About the guest panel "Communicating transhumanism"
This panel will be chaired by Luke Robert Mason (http://lukerobertmason.co.uk/), Advisor to Humanity+, CEO & Founder of The New Bionics and Director of the Virtual Futures Conference
The guest speakers on this panel will be:
• Jamie Bartlett (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Bartlett_(journalist)) - journalist and tech blogger for The Telegraph, Director of The Centre for the Analysis of Social Media for the think-tank Demos (http://www.demos.co.uk/), and author of the book "The Dark Net" (http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Dark-Net-Jamie-Bartlett/dp/0099592029)
• Steve Fuller (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Fuller_(sociologist)) - Auguste Comte Professor in social epistemology in Warwick University’s Department of Sociology, and author of the book "Humanity 2.0: What it Means to be Human Past, Present and Future (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Humanity-2-0-Means-Present-Future/dp/0230233430/)".
Wifi details for this event:
Wireless network: BBK-Guest
Note: This Transhumanist Party Day is being held on the day following the event Anticipating 2040: Roadmap to sustainable abundance. See http://anticipating2040.com/ .