addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

London Futurists Message Board London Futurists General Discussion Forum › Opportunity for new organiser for London Futurists Meetup

Opportunity for new organiser for London Futurists Meetup

David W.
dw2cco
Group Organizer
London, GB
To all members of London Futurists Meetup:

You'll shortly receive a message from Meetup.com explaining that the current organiser of this Meetup (i.e. me) has stepped down, and there is a vacancy for a new organiser to step forwards.

My work and other activities mean I no longer have sufficient time to devote to organsing meetups for London Futurists. However, I'm sure that some of you would make a great job of this task. It's your chance to make a positive difference to the culture in and around London.

Note: I'm not sure of the details, but there will only be a short window of time for someone to volunteer as the new organiser, before Meetup.com shuts the group down fully. So if you are thinking of volunteering, don't delay too long!

Note also: organisers of Meetups need to pay a small fee to Meetup.com. This is US$ 12 per month, if you sign up for six months. Or US$ 15 per month, if you sign up for only three months. Or US$ 24 per month, if you only sign up for one month.

I look forward to attending future Futurist meetups from time to time, and to continuing to participate in the online discussions when time allows. The meetup should have a great future ahead of it! (Puns intended...)

Regards,

// David W. Wood

PS Don't forget about the Virtual Futures 2.0'11 conference at Warwick University next weekend. I will be speaking there - http://virtualfutures.co.uk/vf2011/programme/super-phones-to-superhumans/­ and look forward to seeing many of you at the event.